What No Santa!? How Did You Guys Find Out?

And to all you unbelievers, you will find Norad's Faq to be an eye opener...

http://www.noradsanta.org/en/faq.html

When will Santa arrive at my house?

NORAD tracks Santa, but only Santa knows his route, which means we cannot predict where and when he will arrive at your house. We do, however, know from history that it appears he arrives only when children are asleep! In most countries, it seems Santa arrives between 9:00 p.m. and midnight on December 24th. If children are still awake when Santa arrives, he moves on to other houses. He returns later, but only when the children are asleep!

• 2 years later...

Santa Claus does not exist!!

1. No known species of reindeer can fly. But there are 300,000 species of living organisms yet to be classified, and while most of these are insects and germs, this does not COMPLETELY ruled out flying reindeer, which incidentally only Santa has ever seen.

2. There are 2 billion children (persons under 18) in the world, but since Santa doesn't (appear) to handle the Muslim, Hindu, Jewish and Buddhist children that reduces the workload to 15% of total -- 37 8 million according to population statistics. At an average rate of 3.5 children per household. That is 91.8 million homes, one must presume that there is at least one good child in each.

3. Santa has 31 hours of Christmas to work with thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to west (which seems a logical). At 91.8 homes this works out to 822.6 visits per second. That is to say that each Christian household with good children, Santa has 1000th of a second to park, hop out of the sleigh, get down the chimney, fill stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left, get back up the chimney, get back into the sleigh and move on to the next house. Assuming that each of these 91.8 million stops are evenly distributed around the Earth (which of course we know to be unlikely but for the purposes of our calculations, we will accept), we are now talking about 78 miles between households. A total trip of 75.5 million miles, not counting stops to do what most was must do it at least once every 31 hours, plus feeding, watering etc.

To do this, Santa’s sleigh needs to move at 650 miles per second - 3000 times the speed of sound. The purposes of comparison, the fastest man-made vehicle is the Ulysses space probe. This moves a tardy, 27.5 miles per second. The conventional reindeer can run, tops, 15 miles an hour?

4. The payload on the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assume that each child gets nothing more than a medium-sized Lego set (two pounds). The sleigh would need to carry a 321,300 tons. Not counting Santa, who is invariably described as overweight , On land conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 lbs.

Even granting that “flying reindeer” (see Point 1) could pull 10 times the normal amount we cannot do the job with eight or even nine; we would need 214,200 reindeer. This increases the payload -- not even counting the weight of the sleigh -- to 353,430 tons. For purposes of comparison this is four times the weight of the QE2.

5. 353,000 tons travelling at 650 miles per second create enormous air resistance -- this will heat the reindeer up in the same fashion as a spacecraft re-entering the Earth's atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer will absorb 14.3 quintillion joules of energy per second; each. In short, they will burst into flame almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them, and creating deafening sonic booms in their wake. The entire reindeer team will be vaporised within 4.26 thousandths of a second. Santa, meanwhile, will be subjected to centrifugal forces 17,500 .06 times greater than gravity. A 250 pounds Santa (which seems ludicrously slim) would be pinned to the back of his sleigh by 4,315,015 pounds of force.

6. In conclusion – If Santa ever did deliver presents on Christmas Eve, he's dead now, which is fortunate for him. I am quite sure that the RSPCA would like a word or two with him regarding the treatment of reindeer at Christmas.

• Upvote 1

But Santa is from a distant planet settled here a number of years ago & is a brother of Dr Who & a fellow "Time Lord" can travel at the speed of light so his "Christmas day job" is quite possible. :bravo:

• Upvote 1

It's all to do with the magic of Christmas, and I do believe he can be seen passing over tonight at about 6ish....though some disbelievers and bah humbuggers (oops can I say that?) will have you believe its the space station passing over!!

https://www.facebook.com/events/757206657690188/?fref=ts

Mixing threads,..........rough neighbourhoods and this one,.........when i was about 5 a real hard lad who was considered a bad lad as well was babysitting me on xmas eve,and he showed me the night sky and a line of Stars which he explained were Santas sleigh and his Reindeers,

Not really a bad lad was he,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • 3 years later...

I heard his sleigh on my drive about 3.30, but I'll finish my coffee before I look what he's left me.

• 11 months later...

Holy crap!! Santa don't exist????  I need a safe place now................

• 1 year later...

This morning I asked my Great granddaughter to see if the hens had laid anything. I told her that my friend's hens were visited by Santa last year. She gave me a doubtful look. She opened the nesting box and whooped "He's been, He's been". There were four eggs. One decorated with a holly sticker and the other a reindeer :rolleyes: 

• Like 3