• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i knew chris and his stepbrother im just glad that people didnt write anything bad about him on here,he was a good man fallen on hard times.

A final farewell to Boris. I did write a short peice on here somewhere but can't remember where ! All about his funeral.

As promised, had a wander up to Bulwell Cemetery (Northern) today to take pictures of Boris's grave. Please disregard my previous information where is grave is or so I thought it was, old age creeping

Posted Images

I dont rememeber Boris, perhaps I was before his time but I do remember Mabel Green. Mabel was Bulwell's only Tramplike Female as far as I know. She always wore a long black (dirty) coat and matching beret....and Boy could she swear, when us kids gave her some cheek she would come out with words I had never heard of...

God Bless Mabel,RIP, you were part of my youth.....Anybody else know of her?

Owdtite.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

hy there boris the tramp was chris smith , he lived on albert street and went to highbury school, his mum and dad didnt want him for some unknown reason and he went to live as boy with his grandad at the bottom of albert street at no 94.he was a normal clean decent bot at school but when his grandad died he was forced to leave the house as he was underage to live there alone.his mum and dad although still on albert street hade nothing to do with him and he took to ther streets.tragic really he went down and down he certainly had no money and begged for a living sometimes staying in an old dovecote at the bottom of commercial road which is still there and also living in the woods at bulwell hall park. i know its true that he was turned out of 94 albert street in 1963 because i and my wife moved into that house.. i might add that at the time i was unaware that he had been turned out

• 1 year later...

This topic is one of the most regularly hit by a google search on our site,

according to our web stats, that is. Worldwide hits on this topic.

I only wish I had his hair!

34564_138746196146319_100000328191146_261177_4578216_n.jpg

Search the word "tramp" on Google image search and the picture in Firbeck's post above is the very first image.

Were rated wereno1 on Google.

And here is some of the searchers of the word 'Tramp' who landed on our site in the LAST 6 HOURS.

Lancashire County Council Cockermouth, Cumbria, United Kingdom

Ampthill, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom

The University Of Nottingham

Bo'ness, Falkirk, United Kingdom

Mips London, United Kingdom

Public Ip Address Range For Essex Schools, Clacton-on-sea, Essex, United Kingdom

Public Ip Address Range For Essex Schools, Chelmsford, Essex, United Kingdom

E-qual Own Internal Network Europe

Stowmark Stowmarket, Suffolk, United Kingdom

Leicester, United Kingdom

London, United Kingdom

Manchester CC. Manchester, United Kingdom

Windsor And Maidenhead Royal Borough Council, Maidenhead, Windsor And Maidenhead, United Kingdom.

• 2 weeks later...

i remember "boris" chewing on a piece of bark on the park in Lenton in the late 80's, i often wondered what happened to him as the only tramp i saw regularly in the 90's was the one i called the wobbler because of the way he limped along with his walking sticks by sort of rocking back and forth and shoving his bad leg first, he used to get about a lot, he used to call into a petrol station in Bramcote in 1993 most saturday afternoons for a pie. The last time i saw him was probably a year or two ago on Alfreton road.

It seem like everyone knew Boris

• 2 years later...

When i worked at Coop house early 90s,Boris often slept in the loading bay on Wollaton st,i often used to have to wake him up.He was never abusive,and i usually gave him a couple fags.

• 1 year later...

Such sad news, may he rest in peace.. imsorry

• 10 months later...

Christopher John Smith (Boris)
Born 18/3/45
Died 19/4/15

His funeral took place 19/5/15 at Bulwell a horse drawn and 2 cars behind
the service at bulwell chapel as you walked in The Israelites was being played. O'jays song was also played.

Hymn all things bright and beautiful was sung. The chapel was full. Poems was read.

A fantastic tribute to this man a legend in his own right yes he was cleaned up and well mannered enjoyed holidays to Blackpool etc.

(Via Mavis Smith, Facebook)

• Upvote 1

I will check next time I'm up there.

At his funeral someone dropped a clanger by digging the grave in the wrong spot ! Mourners hung around while a new grave was dug.

I'll bet Boris was looking down & laughing his socks off ! hellothere

OOPS, wrong place !

P1010937_zpsoik3jovk.jpg

• Upvote 1

I enjoyed reading about this chap. I hope his lifestyle was of his own choice. He had his three score and ten years. It's good to know that he was cared for in his later years. It would be good to know if he had any say in his own funeral arrangements. Having spent years living in the woods, using the horse drawn carriage and the wicker casket was fitting, being kinder to Mother Earth. May he rest in peace.

• Upvote 3