• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i knew chris and his stepbrother im just glad that people didnt write anything bad about him on here,he was a good man fallen on hard times.

A final farewell to Boris. I did write a short peice on here somewhere but can't remember where ! All about his funeral.

As promised, had a wander up to Bulwell Cemetery (Northern) today to take pictures of Boris's grave. Please disregard my previous information where is grave is or so I thought it was, old age creeping

Posted Images

Yeah,think you right Catfan,.......although she did like to ride in my big basket on the Marsdens 'Granvill bike'...............lol.

• Upvote 1

I never had to go to Beechdale today so no visit to Bulwell.

If anyone could get me a picture of Chris's grave it would be appreciated.

He could have been all three............i know a bloke in Spain (English) who lives under Tarpoleom,and Palm Trees,and has done since he was 30 yr old,hes now 61..............and very well educated,he just chose that way of life and hes very happy.....and i say good luck to him...........

• Upvote 2

Yer right Benj, saw a programme the other week about Brits living in Spain in tents and caravans.. happy in the sun.

Suit me,no loft full of crap,endless days gardening,painting and tidying- on the beach- and live for for today!.....must be the Gypsy coming out in me.

We were "befriended" by a bloke in Gran Canaria. We were out for a stroll having just arrived and he picked up on our conversation and then having asked where we were from started to reel off different facts and figures about Nottingham and the surrounding district. When he'd done with us he then joined another couple who were walking in the opposite direction. We saw him a few times during our holiday. It seemed that was how he he spent his days.

#84 yes saw that prog.Ian.......and i could see the appeal (if i was much younger) they had no pretentions and just went for it,..........think i must have some Gypsy in my soul as well.............

As promised, had a wander up to Bulwell Cemetery (Northern) today to take pictures of Boris's grave. Please disregard my previous information where is grave is or so I thought it was, old age creeping in it seems.

After a prolonged discussion with Mrs Catfan I sought the assistance of the cemetery staff to locate Boris's grave. Thanks to a very kind gentleman who actully took us to the grave itself !

The grave can be found by entering the "new part" of the cemetery i.e. turn LEFT into the cemetery NOT right into the "old" part of the cemetery.

P1020902_zpsxhhnqqet.jpg

Follow the road & turn sharp right "the only turning" & proceed towards the roundabout ahead.

Just in front of Mrs Catfan on the left is Boris's grave.

P1020900_zpscz9eahgx.jpg

P1020895_zpstavvjr5b.jpg

P1020894_zpsd0nanicb.jpg

P1020891_zpsxobrbkgn.jpg

A good point of reference is the back of the bus shelter on Hemshill Lane.

P1020887_zpskrcxqv7h.jpg

P1020882_zpskttdvdqo.jpg

His favourite drink it seems was not Hobgoblin !

P1020881_zpsrjpfise5.jpg

R.I.P. Christopher.

My sincere thanks to the Nottm City Council Parks & Cemetery staff for the kind help in locating Boris's grave. Not just directions but a personal tour to the grave !

Well done & thank you..

• Upvote 3

Thats brilliant Mick,........i'll have a look next time i'm up there,............on a sad note your path passed 8 of my very close relatives............

• Upvote 1

I'll look for it Catfan next time I'm on a 'pilgrimage' to pay homage to the outlaws .

• Upvote 1

I meant Boris' grave, not the Dovecote. LOL

• Upvote 1

Thats brilliant Mick,........i'll have a look next time i'm up there,............on a sad note your path passed 8 of my very close relatives............

Saw it about 8pm last night (don't ask) it was quite eery up there in the dark,......but also lovely with all the candles lit up across the whole cemetery..........

• Upvote 1
  • 3 years later...

2 memories of him.

First was when he was walking down Wigman Rd in Bilborough and I was stood at my gate, he actually asked me where The Early Bird pub was.

Second time was when I saw him stretched out in the back of a black and white Cortina cab going up Aspley Lane.