Dont look down as you pass him by in dear old Bulwell streets

Just give the lad some money so that he can sometimes eat

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i knew chris and his stepbrother im just glad that people didnt write anything bad about him on here,he was a good man fallen on hard times.

A final farewell to Boris. I did write a short peice on here somewhere but can't remember where ! All about his funeral.

As promised, had a wander up to Bulwell Cemetery (Northern) today to take pictures of Boris's grave. Please disregard my previous information where is grave is or so I thought it was, old age creeping

Posted Images

I remember Chris Smith. Very Tall.

Used to beg round the cathedral on Derby Road.

Rumour had it that he was in line for a fortune. and that monthly he would meet

up with a man in a Rolls Royce, who gave him a wad of Money.

Yes i remember Boris, there are many rumours about him.

Amongst others i heard his father owned a factory and left him a lot of money,

also he has a house in the Bulwell area.

I used to see him in many areas of Nottingham, begging in the town centre and

drinking in Sherwood. He used to catch the bus from Queens Medical centre to Town

most mornings around nine thirty. I have not seen him for around ten years now.

He always used to beg from young men and was never aggressive or abusive.

Ayup all,

Albert street ran down the side of what is now the co op on Highbury vale, used to be a picture house in them days, next to the pics was a working mens club then a few houses, next to them was the school followed by a factory then the railway across the bottom of the road. to place it today stand in front of Charlies cycles look over the road and thats roughly the top of Albert street. Thats where we used to blow up the old gas lanterns as kids. (see other post)

Rog

• 1 year later...

Boris was a mate of my Mam and Dad's in the 60's. My Mam once went on a date with him, before his tramp days, I hasten to add. He really was a Bulwell legend... we were on holiday once in Portugal and even heard some people talking about him on the beach!!! Can anyone remember Spike the other famous Bulwell tramp??

like in a recent episode of eastenders he used to come into laundrette on radford boulevard for a sit down and a warm, even sat inside the dryers sometimes! owner barred him as place used to pong after he'd been but like eastenders also gave him clothes that had been left behind, these were good things but within a couple of days he'd torn such deliberatly, the trousers shredded at the ankles etc' he did same thing after they'd cleaned him up and redressed him in hospital some years earlier when he broke his leg, maybe he had to look the part? about 8 yrs ago there was another tramp around, with the big hat and terrible limp, despite the latter I saw him one morning near balloon woods and same night about 8pm other side of hucknall! he claimed social as long term sick, but no leg problem, it was arm injury, a former schoolteacher

• 11 months later...

Hey everyone,

on facebook he's got his own page, made up by someone from bulwell..

someone's put, he's now all cleaned up and helping out at the nursing home at the top of the hill in Bulwell, near the church.. up that way.

Here's his facebook page :D

whats happened to buwell's boris the tramp

His name was Chris Smith and a friend of mine used to know him, Chris *Boris* used to be a well off man, but lost his fortune when he became bankrupt, and hence had to live on the streets, as he had no family.

that's from what I remember my friend saying, he told me in 2000.

On that face-book site the picture of the bloke drinking a tin of Special brew is not a tramp or Boris the tramp , he is actually a very good mate of mine & also a top bloke & possibly still Nottingham's finest ever tailor , Paul Smith would have not have have been Sir Paul Smith without him.

Arise Sir Roxy Rob aka Roxy Treads & helter skelter fame.

• 4 months later...

Re the other tramp know also as Boris by some Chris was always Chris .Boris now lives somewere in hyson green see him sometimes walking up radford rd OR trying to really bad limp now can see he is in a lot of pain with it cleaned up a lot too dont know if he isin suported accomadation.

We used to live opposit nazareth house in the seventies and a lot of the nottingham tramps would come at breakfast and tea time including chris and boris they had a three sided shed built for them with tables and benches the nuns in the kitchen would give them large mugs of tea and toast and porage in the morning sandwiches to take away for there dinner and tea and soup and a sandwich at night.

• 2 months later...

Looks like many a Rambler/Train spotter/aircraft enthusiast, that I've come across lately!!