• 6 years later...

When I worked at Roland Green School in Wilford in 1966/7 I knew his sister Melinda so maybe he was a Clifton lad.

He was a brilliant full back for Forest and Notts and when I met Don Masson at his hotel in West Bridgford shortly after Bill's death he was very sad indeed at his premature demise.

I worked with Brian Brindley at A.B.Gibsons at Daybrook early 70s,and he was from Clifton sure he told me he was his brother,met Bill when he was selling eggs.bless him.i think he was meadows before Clifton

I worked with Brian Brindley at A.B.Gibsons at Daybrook early 70s,and he was from Clifton sure he told me he was his brother,met Bill when he was selling eggs.bless him.i think he was meadows before Clifton

That would fit. Most of the Roland Green kids lived in the old Meadows.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 05/03/2014 at 7:10 PM, benjamin1945 said:

I worked at A B Gibson’s from 63 to 77 but I never realised he was bill brindleys brother — where did you work?

On 25/12/2017 at 4:16 PM, FoxR said:

I worked at A B Gibson’s from 63 to 77 but I never realised he was bill brindleys brother — where did you work?

I'M pretty sure you are Ron Fox........get back on here.....and i will reveal all..............

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/5/2014 at 7:10 PM, benjamin1945 said:

I worked with Brian Brindley at A.B.Gibsons at Daybrook early 70s,and he was from Clifton sure he told me he was his brother,met Bill

when he was selling eggs.bless him.i think he was meadows before Clifton

Here you go Martyn............

On 4/9/2007 at 3:21 PM, BRYCECLARE said:

For information John (Bill) Brindley ex Notts and Forest Player dies Friday 7th April 2007 aged 60 yrs after awaiting Liver transplant.