BeestonOctober2006025.jpg

BeestonOctober2006033.jpg

no2 The Cow in Beeston better known as the Royal Oak has closed and is to be replaced with a Tesco Petrol station.

Ok it wasn’t one of my favourite places to visit for a drink but nevertheless shall be sad to see it bulldozed to the ground like most of Beeston at the moment is, it’s to make way for the phase two of the tram system and a brand new shopping centre complex also housing another Tesco.

This new branch will be the third Tesco store within five miles radious of Beeston, we have one just up the road in Toton and another hypermarket in Long Eaton.

thumbsdown

a quick PS, I have heard that the pub was once a Vicarage.

Bip. :ph34r:

Sorry to see another land mark biting the dust, I used to drive past there every day on my way to work in Attenborough. I soon won't be able to recognise Nottingham at all, thank the good lord for this web site so that future generations of Notts folk know what it was like

Rog

• 1 year later...

Whoever the guest was thanks for reminding me that I had taken a snap of the Cow in Beeston after it had been leveled........the site is still awaiting developement.

The only two things that remain are the bus stop and the lamp standard.

While in Beeston today 18-12-08 the labour exchange across the road from the multi story car park was being ripped apart by a man in a large machine.

I think Pet Mark is still hanging in there....

Bip.

BeestonNov08007.jpg

Whoever the guest was thanks for reminding me that I had taken a snap of the Cow in Beeston after it had been leveled........the site is still awaiting developement.

The only two things that remain are the bus stop and the lamp standard.

While in Beeston today 18-12-08 the labour exchange across the road from the multi story car park was being ripped apart by a man in a large machine.

I think Pet Mark is still hanging in there....

Bip.

BeestonNov08007.jpg

Petmark has shut down. Just waiting for the bulldozers then Tesco can get busy building

• 2 months later...
BeestonOctober2006025.jpg

BeestonOctober2006033.jpg

no2 The Cow in Beeston better known as the Royal Oak has closed and is to be replaced with a Tesco Petrol station.

Ok it wasn’t one of my favourite places to visit for a drink but nevertheless shall be sad to see it bulldozed to the ground like most of Beeston at the moment is, it’s to make way for the phase two of the tram system and a brand new shopping centre complex also housing another Tesco.

This new branch will be the third Tesco store within five miles radious of Beeston, we have one just up the road in Toton and another hypermarket in Long Eaton.

thumbsdown

a quick PS, I have heard that the pub was once a Vicarage.

Bip. :ph34r:

The Cow In Beeston was better known as The Manchester Unity. The Royal Oak is on Villa Street up the other end of Beeston off the high street

Not "how", but "why"?

Being a councillor is like wetting yourself in a dark suit, it gives you a warm feeling - but no-one notices!

You certainly do not do it for the money or popularity.

I have great respect for the non-party candidates who show passion for their area.

I have great respect for the non-party candidates who show passion for their area.

Who can never get a damn thing done because the country is run by labour and tory cronies who have to do as they are told.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...