Mick and I met on C.B. radio in the early 80's and remained firm freinds until I moved to Ibiza to work in 96 we lost touch but met up again on here.

visittoNottm002.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi - as part of my employment at Lord Delfont`s First Leisure Corporation I was asked to find a site for a nightclub in Nottingham. After a disastrous attempt at getting a licence for the former Albe

Just noticed this post from 7 years back in regards to the Black orchid. We have a page on facebook called 'memories of the black orchid' We have just had a reunion at via fossa. Plans might be in pla

We moved on to the canal side where Ian commented on the quality of the beer,

and there was HP on tap.

Could have got me a pint Mick i was upstairs in the Canal house on Friday night @ a wedding reception !!! Had to keep nipping out to check on the Forest score .

We moved on to the canal side where Ian commented on the quality of the beer,

and there was HP on tap.

Could have got me a pint Mick i was upstairs in the Canal house on Friday night @ a wedding reception !!! Had to keep nipping out to check on the Forest score .

Well me and the beefsteak tried to be the Wedding Crashers, but the didnt wear it!

Yes Ian. Good Buddies! (Sorry John)

But dont tell them that in Key West!

And its no wonder SWMBO caught er' death!

Yes Mick she was rather displaying her wares and to red we followed the crowd up the stairs and like Mick said we nearly gate crashed until I politely asked "Oh is it a private do?" and received a prompt and rather snotty reply" yes it is !!!"

;)

• 3 weeks later...

Im not in a position to say what exactly, but there are some strange things afoot, and both the promoter and myself arent sure whether or not this doo is going to happen......................ill keep you posted, its a bit cloak and dagger!!! :ph34r:

Hey

With a bit of luck, it might be me weekend off>

But Mick, it may not be happening! Try the Royal Regency in Ilkeston! 4 rooms of assorted soul/funk/motown etc to choose from!

OK, youre let off Mick.................Just have to add, the "Back To Black Orchid" event has been scrapped, (see earlier post) Nothing to do with me, some political behind the scene stuff going on!

Cancel that message above, all problems have been resolved and the night at Isis will go ahead on Friday the 15th of June, called something different though, but still aimed at over 25's, playing the sort of music played at the "Back To Black Orchid" night.

Are the discounted tickets still valid Craig? We got them as we left and you have to go on line to vaidate them I havn't done it yet.

;)

Are the discounted tickets still valid Craig? We got them as we left and you have to go on line to vaidate them I havn't done it yet.

;)

Dunno.ill find out for you, dont forget though, my contact is the promoter (freelance) and not James the owner.

Should add....... i wont be at the first one! Still reckon you should try the Royal Regency at Ilkeston too!!!!

If I came over to Nott'm and asked my mum to look after the kids while we boggered off to ilkeston my life would not be worth living!!!!! (Besides which I couldn't afford the taxi back home (is it the same promoter ?as I am in direct contact with Steve Edwards)

I know what you mean Beefy! Anyway, yes, it is Steve Edwards, so you can ask him about the discount tickets, although i reckon that may be down to the owner.

• 4 weeks later...

I understand from Steve the night was a flop, big time! (thank goodness i wasnt there!) Dunno what is gonna happen, not sure if Steve is still gonna be involved.......

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi - as part of my employment at Lord Delfont`s First Leisure Corporation I was asked to find a site for a nightclub in Nottingham.

After a disastrous attempt at getting a licence for the former Albert Hall, a site on a former rubbish tip was developed as The Black Orchid. The name was an adaptation of the famous race horse Desert Orchid.

I wanted to put a restaurant at balcony level, so I contacted Chow Young Chung at Ocean City in Derby Road - and the Orchid was born.

Linkie Wilson was head of security, the late great Mike Hilkene was manager, and Mark Jameson was the DJ.

The Black Orchid will be featured over the next few weeks at www.locarnoboy.co.uk - where we hope to bring back the spirit and excitement of this amazing and successful nightclub

• Upvote 1