Dancing Slipper, Central Ave W.B.

On 4/20/2007 at 4:02 AM, bazza said:

Years ago the Tudor cinema was on the corner past that bus stop

What year did that shut @bazzacan you remember the road flooding after the pitter-patter pitter-patter of rain drops? 

Raindrops are falling on my head & just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed, Nothing seems to fit, Those raindrops are falling on my head, they keep falling, do do do dooo

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can remember dancing there in the early 60's, meeting some nice blokes from Clifton, they were farmers boys.............Ivy Brooks was a ballroom dancing teacher and held her dancing classes there a

I remember the Dancing Slipper in the sixties when Bill Kinnell managed it as a jazz club, featuring such names as Humphrey Lyttleton, Chris Barber, Terry Lightfoot and many others. I seem to remember

Not a brilliant photo, but you can just see the garage and petrol pumps in this shot

Tuesday Night at the Dancing Slipper the band was The Jaybirds ,latter to be know as Ten Years After and the hit at Woodstock. There used to be a twenty minute drum solo in the middle of there session. thet used to clear the floor

• 1 year later...

I remember as a child going to the dancing slipper to compete in ballroom dancing competitions.

It was a well known venue in the dancing world.

Me and my partner started competing their from around 1969.

it was only a small venue but the competitions were hosted by a local lady (her name escapes me).

Welcome to the site Carl. Look forward to more of your tales of yesteryear.