banned from most beeston/stabbo pubs

my husband has the dubious honour of having been barred from most pubs in Beeston and Stabbo, about 30 - 35 years ago, if anyone remembers two biker brothers by the name of Patterson, I ended up with the eldest. Has anything changed? well they are still bikers.. but nowadays they prefer to stay in the pubs, rather than be chucked out..... :Friends:

I got barred from all the pubs in Calverton in one night just because my so called "mate" asked me to ask the door man at the miners welfare how his dog was (Unbeknown to me he had just been prosecuted for starving his dog to death ) as a result a big fight ensude and guess who got barred ? my so called " mate"? I don't think so .That was about 24 years ago.So if you are reading this Mr Doorman sorry !! (But not half as much as you were at the time!!!!!!!!!)

;)

I was banned from the Royal Children around 1967 for telling the Landlord to stick a full pint of bitter up his rear end! My girlfriend at the time was with me, a 19 year old trainee nurse who after serving my pint refused to serve her a drink because he didn't believe she was 18. I said hell no, she's 19, but he still refused, so I told him to stick his pint, glass and all.. smile2

Funny thing, at that time I was a part time barman at the Sir Richard Arkwright on Arkwright Street and the worst offenders of the liquer laws were the Constabulary who always expected serving after hours!

I can relate to that John.

I was a barman at the Horse and Groom at the same time and we always had the local constabulary in after hours for a pint.

The seargent was one of our regulars when off duty.Pat something or other I just can't remember his full name.Big Irish bloke he was.

Baz :ph34r:

the worst offenders of the liquer laws were the Constabulary who always expected serving after hours!

:yahoo: And I bet it still goes on?

Does anyone remember the comedy series Early Doors?

There were two coppers in that, they use to come in the back door of the pub for free drinks, they sat in the back kitchen supping and smoking dope.

Has anybody watched the comedy series IDEAL starring Johnny Vegas there’s a bent copper in that also who keeps Morris supplied with drugs nicked from the busts he goes on. Brilliant and I suppose taken from true life also.

I have a friend, yes only one, who is a Community police officer, he/she is this week on Pub watch whatever that is. :Shock:

Bip. :sorry:

Horse & Groom where, When, Pat who?

We've discussed the Horse and Groom before Mick.

It was in town one street back towards Trent Bridge from The Square.Does that sound clear??? :blink:

It was a courtyard pub on the corner of thingy and whatsername.

The time was 1966-67.

I still can't remember Pats' last name.

Hi all. The Horse and Groom was on St Peters Gate at the bottom of Exchange Walk. Shipstones house and one of the first to follow Berni to serve food.

Recall having a delicious Steak Dianne There about 1967. Could well have visited after hours as well?

Does Trafalgar know who this Pat was?

Maybe so.

Pat would have been drinking there in 67.

The chef in the place by the way was a Greek bloke.Great cook but I can't remember his name either.

The boss was Stan and his wife was Barbara.

In the 60's & 70's Police officers 'visited' licenced establishments.

Dont Knock it...

Today they sit on computers in the station!

since the merger of Forces on amalgamation, in 1968, there was always some

banter over height of officers. The city officers were all tall, those who did not

match up to the height restrictions joined the county force.

Nottingham City attracted ex Guardsmen & the like.

And officers of the quality of the late Tug Wilson.

post-15-1103405996.jpg

http://www.nottstalgia.com/forums/index.ph...owtopic=303&hl=

I think there is one remaining City officer in the force today.

When I applied to join in 1975, I failed on me eyes!

"Whats wrong with em Sarge?"

"I'll tell you whats wrong with em lad... They're too close to the bloody ground"

• Upvote 1
  • 4 years later...

Welcome Slade.

Thats a good BUMP, nearly 5 years :)

Look forward to hearing from you.

Re my post above, The last 'Nottingham City Police' Officer has now retired (a couple of years ago.)

I bumped into him in Arnold some months back.