I can't see to type cos of that bloody light dazzling me :blink:

I only found him a few weeks ago..so I don't know too much about him.

The CD I've got is called Missing You and I love it.

I watched some of his DVD's while I was away..but can't remember the titles.

I know most years he produces a CD of African music..funds going to Africa.

I like his voice and his style... I also love Rod Stewart!!

Richard Burton was one of a kind and I loved to listen and watch him

act in anything. His voice was amazing.

I found David Essex late in life didn't I!!

Another one I love to watch is Peter Gabriel.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

24,000 posts reached today Well done everyone

found it

roduct ID: DD40

DVD - The River David Essex Details

(3 Hours) In his first television acting role, David Essex stars as Davey Jackson, a once-dodgy cockney chancer who settles for a solitary life as the canal lock-keeper in the peaceful Chumley-on-the-Water.

His quiet life is changed forever by the arrival of Sarah, a bargee from Scotland who is trying to negotiate Davey's lock when her propeller shaft breaks and she becomes marooned. While awaiting repairs, Sarah finds herself staying with Davey at his cottage and falling for his cockney charms.

A delightful romantic comedy set in the Glorious English countryside. Originanally a 6 part sereis on the BBC, you can enjoy this great film on one DVD.

https://www.iwashop.com/ecommerce/prodimages/dvd/lh40.jpg

Bip. :Friends:

I went to stay with my sister in Spain and found a friendof their's playing his DVD..first time I'd ever heard him..and I liked him

Who do you like Caz?? :wub:

Hi Anne

I like Oasis,Crowded House,Lighthouse family,& of course The Orangelights!!

I also like a lot of the old 60's stuff but only when i'm in the mood. Most of the time I listen to a mix of Indian music & dance music

Bring back the flashing light BIP...I'm a member of the Women's Lib!!!

:shout:

Yes..our Rod does take some beating..he looks and sounds as if he will go on forever.

I have all his CD's ..even his Great American Songbooks.

Caz..I know Crowded House and Oasis but Orangelights and Lighthouse Family I've never heard of.

I do know Kelsey Chambers and she's Australian...do you like her?

Kasey Chambers I know and she's ok, but country music in general is not for me.

I like a good beat so I can dance!!

Lighthouse family are now disbanded Anne, my son who is a musician, is now in a band called The Orangelights & one of the founder members of Lighthouse family is now also in this band along with several other musicians and of course their great.............................. !clapping!

I'm a member of the Women's Lib!!!

I heard that when Anne joined womens lib she burnt her bra, it took years off her.............................................................................

................................................................................

It pulled all the wrinkles off her face.........LOL !rotfl!

P.S I didn't want to go to Canada any time soon any way

Hm...I just found this and I want you to know Mr BF that I am NOT amused!!!

True it might be...but I didn't want it broadcast..and how did you get to know anyway!!!

Just you even try to get into Canada after that remark my man!!! girlvboy

Do you know I remembered posting this but I didn't think it was on an obscure thread as this and I thought I had got away with it

;)

Morning Anne .I am trying to see this great display of meteorites that will (aledgedley) peak at 3.00am. So far only seen 2 SWMBO has gone back to bed in disgust .I am already in deep doo doo so I don't need any from you.LOL love you any way lots of love IAN

;)

Why you old smoothie you..trying to get back into my good books are you after your rotten remarks.

Sending your love helps a wee bit..but I really think you should grovel a bit more before you're forgiven!

It's 9:29pm Sunday night here.

Must tell you I've stayed up at night to watch meteorites in the past..and I've gone to bed bored to tears..so I know how SWMBO feels.

The only time I have seen a great show of them was in Scotland when I was driving by the banks of Loch Lomand years ago, and they were spectacular. :Friends:

Is romance in the air with Ann and Beefsteak?

Just an old ladies observation.

I say bring back the old crooners like Frank Sinatra, Sammy Kaye, Guy Lombardo, Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby, Johnnie Ray, Eddy Fisher, Perry Como, Pat Boone, Johnny Mathis and Parrot Face Davis just to name a few, nearly forgot the ever immortal Doris Day.

Rose.

His catch phrase being "Ime sick ,sick. sick up to here" only he used to say thhhick thhhick thhhick and spray every body in the process.

;)

His catch phrase being "Ime sick ,sick. sick up to here" only he used to say thhhick thhhick thhhick and spray every body in the process.

;)

He more recently appeared in 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askerban'

Yes...that's him..didn't he used to bring his bottom lip right up to his nose?

I didn't think he would still be around.

Was he really in Harry Potter...I can't imagine it.

30,000 Congratulations..this is great.

He was born in 1937 and is still very much alive and doing the after dinner speaking routine

;)