Just saw this story on Sky news. A family from Scotland had moved to Perth W.A & upon opening all the cartons they had brought over with them, they found hundreds of beetles, they called the department of agriculture who informed them that it was a beetle which had never been seen in Australia & could completely wipe out all of the wheat belt over there! It seems the critter was originally from India.

Anyway they completely covered the house in industrial gladwrap & fumigated the place before they could move in. Apart from the devestation the beetle could have caused I would be extremely worried about the poison they had squirted in the house,probably deadly if breathed in??? :blink:

We have very strict quarantine laws in Australia,we can't take fruit from one town to another for fear of spreading fruit fly . We pass through two states in less than an hour from where we live,good job we don't have amnesia.

John ,Paul, George or Ringo?

;)

Hamish ;)

Apart from the devestation the beetle could have casued I would be extremely worried about the poison they had squirted in the house,probably deadly if breathed in???  :blink:

It is especially if you are a Beetle with breathing problems.

Bip. :sorry:

On 5/5/2007 at 1:30 AM, Caz said:

We have very strict quarantine 

Quarantined you say? And no football, I can see a massive baby boom come December? Or massive divorce rate? 

• Like 3

Heh... good point, hadn't thought of that.