Passed by there today and was quite shocked to see the pub has been raised to the ground, the last time I passed by it was still standing but closed for business sadly another one gone for good.

Bip. :angry:

• 5 years later...

Passed there yesterday......it's still a derelict area. My Mum, who still lives in West Bridgford, say's that planning permission for the ' apartments ' had been denied.

Top of Greythorne Drive/Loughborough Road, opposite Wilford Hill cemetery

https://maps.google....=12,320.64,,0,0

It was still open for business in mid-2004 because I'd drive past it some evenings and see about 3 cars in the car park. Bet it was a real bundle of laughs inside. It must've closed not long after that; it stood empty for a couple of years and as an earlier post says, it was actually demolished in May 2007.

Can't believe someone wanted to build apartments there. I thought they'd gone out of fashion now.

Cheers

I was mixing it up with The Nott'm Knight , I knew i wasn't that far off .

I actually drove past there a few weeks back and wondered what had been there.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...

Just an update. I went past there today and noticed that the flats had finally been built. I mis-remembered it as 17th/21st Lancers but, of course, that was another closed pub on Castle Boulevard. I knew it was a regimental name.

Bloody nursing homes, that's all the ever build these days !!!!!

Still, it's an increasingly needed facility, and good for the property developers.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ian, ahv wokked it aht yoth - the latest reg. plate visible is `W` so it`s 1980 at the earliest.

B.T. was privatised early 1984, that enabled me to buy the SLR. With the novelty and excitement,

it didn`t take long for me to decide on a trip around the City at night, using available light.

So, it has to be around late `84, 1985 at latest.

photo Reg plates_zpsnrbb7own.jpg