Ian,

Whilst appreciating your local pictures (utterly clueless on this one) could you kindly reduce the width somewhat, as my 800x600 screen and fading eyesight can't cope!

Cheers

Robt P.

Ian,

Whilst appreciating your local pictures (utterly clueless on this one) could you kindly reduce the width somewhat, as my 800x600 screen and fading eyesight can't cope!

Cheers

Robt P.

Sorry Rob but i thought large print might help you old uns LOL

;)

( Actually I have tried to, but every time I try all that happens is that the picture gets bigger a bit like zooming in , this picture is only about 3/4 the size of the original)

visittoNottm002-1.jpg

:Fool: Thanks Rob for pointing out the fact that the picture was very large because now that you have pointed that out I can see what I was missing...the building directly in front is The George Hotel and we are looking down Goose Gate Hockley...the pair of ladders in the picture I still have in my garage, which still come in usefull for prunning overhead branches from my neighbours red wood tree.

Bip. :Fool:

wereno1

caption reads Carlton street 1881.The name of the proprietor of the George hotel is Mrs Browne. Not Scarey Mary .Even she wasn't that old LOL

;)

well done Den

Your turn

the pair of ladders in the picture I still have in my garage, which still come in usefull for prunning overhead branches from my neighbours red wood tree.

I to have a step ladder the 1st one died

Yeah your turn Den can we have it a massive ultra-high resolution image 86400 x 43200 pixels please I'll lend me mates 103 inch plasma to view it .

Eergh I had another look at that pic & thought it might be Hockley,you beat me to it Den B)

As I said, once I realised I was not seeing all the picture the veiw came back to me afterall I do walk down that street at least four or five times a month when the Hockey is on in the new arena.

Bip.

Look at all them Oss Tods!

Me dad woulda wanted 'em for 'is roses!

:rolleyes:

Look at all them Oss Tods!

Me dad woulda wanted 'em for 'is roses!

:rolleyes:

Or his rhubarb (Although I put sugar on mine)

LOL

;)

• 1 year later...
I prefer custard on rhubarb , my Old Gran used to make me a rhubarb pie , it was 3 foot long .

Reminds me of the song we used to sing at Blue Bell Hill school-

"long and thin,covered in skin, red in parts,goes in tarts... " etc etc.