Hi everyone , i am a lad from Nottingham i was born and brought up in Ruddington but have since emigrated to Tasmania ,Australia where i have lived for the last 32 years but i miss some parts of being a Nottingham lad but by all accounts i am not missing too much , boy is there so much crimes and shooting, knifings what on earth is going on over there ???? We have crimes here, sure but not to that extent .

I have been lurking on this forum for ages but thought hey why not join in the fun and maybe get the chance to catch up with you all as i am coming to Nottingham in Sept this year .

I am 57 years young married for 22 years this time around to a beautiful lady and we live in a beautiful part of Australia ,Tasmania and i am semi retired i drive a double decker bus a couple of days a week now (you know the kind , OVER ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE BLAH BLAH BLAH IN 1836 ) allways 1836 if you dont know it make it up i say . i have a great job i love it i did it full time but in the last 2 years i have had to have 2 discs taken out of my neck so i have to take it easy

ok guys hope to hears from yous all soon

cheers

IVAN THE TERRIBLE (not so terrible really )

Nice to hear from you Ivan and welcome to this site (I know it's not my job to do this but seeing as I am first to see your post I will just do the polite thing and say hello to you )

I have a mate in Tasmania his name is Ben .Do you know him? !rotfl! LOL

But seriously, I am Nott'm ex pat but live only 90 miles away in Winsford ,Cheshire after 4 years in the Balearic islands, I came back to the U.K.and believe me (as an ex City Boy, ie Doorman, Bouncer ,D.J, Pub Landlord etc in the pubs and clubs around town)( and still getting in the odd occasional return visit) there are plenty of worse places in the U.K. to name but a few Mossside Manchester, Toxteth Liverpooland even bits of Chester itself although the media keep quiet about Cheshire as 'it is such a nice County to live in!!!

;)

P.S, Keep in touch it is a very interesting and (sometimes) funny site

;)

Ivan the Terrible!

I saw Den had approved your membership?

I thought you was one of them Russian hackers that got in last year :Shock:

Phew! :victory:

Welcome, look forward to hearing from you...

Dear Ivan ,Welcome from a South Australian Nottingham person. I was going to make all sorts of cracks about now that you have had 2 discs removed from your neck your knuckles will drag on the floor like the other Tasmanians,and the short neck also like Tas.... but thought that may scare you off! Anyhow take no notice of me and welcome. :tease:

G'day Ivan

You will see I have moved your topic to the Expats forum so I can keep an eye on you me duck :ph34r: I am the expat moderator & welcome you with open arms abouttime lovely to see a new face in the expats section. hellothere Glad you joined,lets see a pic so we can visualise you when we type,once seen never forgotten they say & OMG how true is that?!

Hi den how r u today !hand! :Friends:

I'm not too far away from Tassie just over the water in Vic.

Welcome Ivan..... :tease:

Thanks Caz for asking about my well being..I'm fine, whatever makes you think I wasn't? :Kiss:

There were three new members that day I approved Mick... :Friends:

Bip.

as i am coming to Nottingham in Sept this year .

IVAN THE TERRIBLE  (not so terrible really )

Sounds another meet-up is in the offering at the Poacher.

Caz!!! how did you manage to move this topic without deleting it first? !rotfl!

Bip. B)

Me noey understandee wot u meenee Dennis lips0

Ayup Ivan lad, I started off in Zeehan in Tassie in 1979 lad!

Ayup Ivan lad, I started off in Zeehan in Tassie in 1979 lad!

I supose you have to start somewhere just depends though where one ends up... !rotfl!

Bip.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anne

Eye up Caz un Black Ice un Mick2me un Ayupmeducks un of course arrr Kath un everybody else.

It's nice to be back and it's great to see you're all still around and posting.

I started off in Maltby Close off Harwill Cres... went to the Wm Crane School till I was 15 then worked downtown in Hounds Gate.

Our "top shops" were on Broxtowe Lane. I can remember Gees and Horsleys and Farrands and Lucy Briggs.

The Co-op came a few years later..but The Cocked Hat was always there!

I've ended up in Ontario..Brantford to be exact..where the telephone was first invented and where Tonto lived on our Six Nations reserve.

Funny where we do end up isn't it..us Nottinghamites are all over the place.

Hello Flower !hand! I know you won't believe this, but I was thinking of you just yesterday,especially as Katy had said a while ago she was in comminication with you. Great to see you back,what's been going on, done any travelling?? :Friends:

Ayup Anne:

We are not too far from you - about 25 miles northwest of Detroit! - But I used to date a lady from Brantford so I know it pretty well! If you are into British stuff - go to the Bronte Creek British car show in the fall - probably the biggest collection of British cars in North America! We typically go - and spend the Saturday night in Oakville.

Guest Anne

Hi Caz good to hear from you anall..un yes..I've recently spent 9 weeks

in Spain..I went to see me sister and her hubby..they live there.

I had a great time with em and their friends...all lovely people.

Our Katy is really good to me..she sends me Bygones that are bought in Nottingham sent to the South of England then to Arizona then onto me in Canada and I pass em onto Australia.

Limey, I often go to Windsor and sometimes nip over to Detroit.

My brother in law's cousin lives there.

My son does the gardens around Bronte Creek.

Guest Anne

Limey..if you go this year and see a big guy with a full beard working for

the City of Oakville, say Hi, cos it will probably be my son John.

Make sure you get the right one though!!!!!

Crikey, now we've got her back, we can't shut her up!!! Just kidding Anne. glad to see you are posting lots and lots, which always leads to other subjects. We Nottinghamites sure can reminisce.

Guest Anne

Oooo arr Kath yo are cheeky tu me..if ya was a bit closer I'd bat ya tab!

It's nice to be back..I haven't seen all the posting yet..but them I have

seen are bringing back so many memories it's unbelievable.

Some happy and some a bit sad.

But that's life int it me duck. :mouse:

Bl00dy hell us men can't get a word in edge ways.

It like working on a chicken farm.cluk cluk cluk.

Bip

Hi Anne & Katy

How do you two lovely ladies know each other?

Guest Anne

weeell....I don't know about the 'lovely' part Caz..but thanks.

un maybe Kath can fill you in on how we 'met'.

we seem to have known each other forever.

I know a couple of years ago we both happened to be in

Florida at the same time.

I was from Canada and Kath was from Arizona.

We missed each other by only a few minutes and Kath left a note under

my doormat.

It was a real shame we didn't meet.

I saw Anne's postings on a website and thought how funny she was, so got in touch [funny as in ha-ha] We rattled on to each other like we had known each other for ever. We did go to the same school, but 11 yrs apart, and she only lived less than a mile from me, but we had never met. Like she said, we almost met in Florida Feb 2006, and missed by minutes. [she didn't know I would try and find her]

• 3 weeks later...

Limey..I've been checking out your web page..it's good and have to say you are right about the snow.

If you have a boat here you can only use ot for half the year..

What part of Brantford did you come to visit?

Cheers!