I had a look the other day and was well impressed .I like the idea of the plane to go where ever you want (ANY CHANCE OF A LIFT MATE)

;)

BeefSteak: Any time mate - but make it quick 'cause the plane is up for sale!

Anne: The lady I used to visit lived on Lorne Crescent, just off Brant Ave. She was (probably still is) a nurse at the Brantford hospital.

Limey, now why would you be selling a lovely plane like that..

I am trying to imagine what it would be like to take off at will

into the bright blue yonder.

Yes..I know Lorne Crescent really well and have walked along there

and still do many many times.

It is a lovely area..and my son lives on Palmerston which is just off

Lorne Crescent.

I was on Brant Avenue this afternoon.

I bet she does still work at the BGH,,small world isn't it!

Please don't sell the plane (there are millions of us in the U.K. (well me at least) who would give their right nadger just to have the chance to own/fly their own plane P.S . how much??

;)

Please don't sell the plane (there are millions of us in the U.K. (well me at least) who would give their right nagger just to have the chance to own/fly their own plane P.S . how much??

;)

It is amazing how many Brits that come over here do learn to fly - it is certainly a LOT cheaper, but also the airspace restrictions are not so bad, so a private pilot without an instrument rating can fly everywhere. For example, I can legally fly anywhere provided I have the appropriate clearances and can also fly at night. In the UK you need an instrument rating to use some of the airspace - and to fly at night!

There are at least three other Brits that fly out of the airport where I keep the plane - one of them from Stapleford!

I am selling it because we simply do not use it as much as we used to. I used to live about a mile from the airport and could go flying without much preparation. Now we live on the other side of town and it takes some effort to get over there! Last year we only flew about 30 hours - and it really needs about 100/year to keep the engine in the best shape.

It is a 1971 Piper Cherokee (PA28-140) with just over 4,000 total hours and about 40 hours on a completely rebuilt engine. It is instrument certified and has IFR GPS installed. Book value is about $45,000 but I would sell it for $30,000

Anybody interested?

Anne: I have flown it into Brantford Airport a number of times - there used to be a great little restaurant there run by an ex-pat!

I asked SWMBO and she said no, I asked her again, she still said no, I begged, she still said no, I pleaded, she still said no, I had a tantrum and a paddy,she still said no, I threatened her with physical violence, she still said no, I asked her why? and she said "We havn't got the money ,you can't fly , we have nowhere to park it ,we have no runway near here.and I don't like flying!!!" I replied "other than that you have no reason then? so can I have it?"

I am just putting the steak on my eye as we speak!!

;)girlvboy

Would look good parked on my drive...living only five miles from Donnington international airport would make it viable for me to buy it to get to the Victoria in Beeston for my fix of Harvest pale but where would I land it?

Bips not happy.

Oh goody goody - a bidding war!

cool2

And why, dare I ask, is BIP not happy?

Oh goody goody - a bidding war!

cool2

And why, dare I ask, is BIP not happy?

Cos he knows it's mine all mine

;)

ROTFLMAO

!rotfl!

But if you bought a plane you could fly any where for a pint (mind you ,you would then have to stay there or risk getting grounded)

;)

No probs beefstacks you can have it mate....it would only anoy the neighbours at the weekends when i took it out for a spin.

Bip.

Not happy Eric because of the lack of good ale Pubs in Sawley mate....

Bip.

Sorry to hear that - have you tried the Harrington Arms? It used to get good reviews, but it is a looong time since I went drinking around there.

Which pub is your "local"?

Good to see you back..I hope you're nicely settled in your new home.

Apart from lack of your favourite tipple..there has to be something you like about Sawley.

Limey, the little restaurant is still there and I will be going for a meal in the near future.

There is talk of the City closing the airport down though.

So a plane won't be any good to me if they do..sorry!

It will be a real shame if they do.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anne

Weeell..it's once again Saturday night and I am alone with my memories.

No meeting by the left lion at 7:30pm for me any more..

no drink in The Bell or The Trip or The Salutation.

Or The White Horse.

No fish and chips and mushy peas and fritters from the Snackery..

All long gone I hear...I remember going up the dark winding stairs of the Snackery and ordering battered sausage..it was sooooo good.

Oh..I forgot the meat pies and I think they had battered roe as well.

If I was there Id ask for some batter bits as well...

I expect is is all more refined now...but in my time it was fun...after

going to the Hippodrome or Empire or Theatre Royal.

Then having to run like mad to catch the last No 1 bus from the top of Hanley Street. :victory: