Is it a Pub? if not I don't know but I could make a guess like Caz has done.

Bip.

That guess wouldn't have anything to do with the lettering over the arches would it Caz?

Bip.

How come the chap on the right is holding his fore head, is he wearing a Syrup? or is it next doors cat?

Bip.

Clue the fellow on the right is Wilfred Mee an England international Cricketer the one on the left is Percy Edgar ditto the photo is dated 1935

;)

They were both journalists for the Nottingham evening post?

Clue the fellow on the right is Wilfred Mee an England international Cricketer the one on the left is Percy Edgar ditto the photo is dated  1935

Both chasing a cricket ball down Parliament Street, despite rain having stopped play.

Cheers

Robt P.

Thank gawd for that i've been searching for ages,so come on what the flipping eck did they do?

I may be missunderstanding the text with the picture which reads

"This is a fine action shot of Percy Edgar and Wilfred Mee snatching a quick single,in weather unlikely to help Englands good start against South Africa in the first test, rained off the following day (surprise). I doesn't even help to know that this is the second day at Trent Bridge,

;)

Could have been journalists?

But not really relevant to the location...

Like other postings, I can't see beyond Forman Street.

The elaborate lettering is of the type usually seen on an HQ, not on an outstation.

Cheers

Robt P.

Just searched on Yahoo and found a Percy Edgar who was a producer in this era but all I can find of Wilfred Mee is a grave in Quorn (Leics)

I will give it a bit longer and let the afternoon/ evening shift have a look.

;)

Yes indeed...

There was a Percy Edgar who produced programmes for BBC Midlands - he had a brother named Barry who did likewise....but in the 50's.

Perhaps we are going up a blind alley with these 2 blokes....won't help with 'where was this'!

Having spoilt my lunch whilst considering this one !hungry! I have arrived at the definitive answer.........."Nottingham"!

Wait till bamber gets out of bed - he'll know...

Cheers

Robt P.

Having spoilt my lunch whilst considering this one !hungry!  I have arrived at the definitive answer.........."Nottingham"!

!tony!

Nope

I did say careful