;)

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why can't a new TV come without a remote ? Not needed & would be cheaper without one, One's wife is perfectly able to adjust the desired sound level & switch TV channels accordingly !

The bread maker is great for mixing bread dough, they don't make the greatest loaf of bread, but they do save pain in arthritic wrists. Once the dough has been kneaded by the machine, drop into a larg

Madam has recently received an Amazon Alexa thing that tells you the weather etc, and answers every useless question imaginable. Yet another pathetic piece of equipment that makes us lazy. Totally unn

Posted Images

Clearly you have not been exposed to "Ronco" products - American purveyors of all things useless including my all-time favorite, the "Electric In the Egg Scrambler"

Amazingly, you can still buy one!

Never heard of that one Eric ,There was also the electric carving Knife that wouldn't cut butter

If you go to the link I posted, the ex-wife and daughter of Ronco's founder will be happy to sell you one at the "special" price of only $19.95!

• 9 years later...

Madam has recently received an Amazon Alexa thing that tells you the weather etc, and answers every useless question imaginable. Yet another pathetic piece of equipment that makes us lazy. Totally unnecessary.

• Upvote 1

Why can't a new TV come without a remote ? Not needed & would be cheaper without one, One's wife is perfectly able to adjust the desired sound level & switch TV channels accordingly !

• Upvote 2
  • 1 year later...

RR why did you have to write that, I have just spent time looking for that button and now spending time trying to find what it is for. Please please  please let me know as I have other things to do, well she has other jobs for me . LOL

I think it’s called a “tilde” and has a few obscure uses as a sort of punctuation mark. In the dark ages, pre Excel spreadsheets, we used to use Lotus 1-2-3. Within Lotus you could build little programs called “macros” to do repetetive stuff. The tilde represented the “Enter” key. 

Lotus was a really good spreadsheet, and the macros were very easy to write, being just a list of the actual key strokes needed to do the job. Unlike the macros in Excel, which seem to require a completely different set of skills.

I can still remember some macro commands from Lotus to this day!

• Like 1

A microwave that does toast. By the time you have pressed all the buttons the toast has popped up in the toaster anyway!

• Upvote 1

Ultra complicated coffee makers ! What's more simple than kettle, mug, jar of instant, sugar, milk, teaspoon. Job done in seconds, and tastes better too. We had one as a present years ago, and used it once. 

• Upvote 1

I bought a bean to cup machine as I’m a gadget man but it really is overkill. I do like decent coffee though, not the instant stuff. I always make coffee from beans which I grind as required. This takes only a few seconds and results in a fresh tasting coffee. I drink it black, or ’Americano’, as it’s pretentiously called nowadays, without sugar. All a matter of taste of course. If you like instant that’s fine. Probably if I took a taste comparison I might not be able to tell the difference! I’m sure instant coffee has much improved over the years since I last tried it. :biggrin:

Our bread maker sits in the utility room alongside the bean to cup coffe machine. I must say the bread was rather good but running it daily became a pain in the backside. As for the Teasmaid - don’t even mention that. It wakes you up with it’s bubbling long before the alarm goes off!

Get em on eBay Lizzie, and get rid. They're  just cluttering the place up.