Autokarna on Wollaton Park 3/6/07

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I never! You never who you are going to bump into when you're aat n'abaat. At the Wollaton Park autokhana we had a mini meeting around Siddha's Alvis. Surprise visitors carni and Chris along with

Today seeing as it was a lovely sunny day, we set of for an afternoon at Stratford on Avon, but after about half a mile changed our minds (as usual) and did an about turn and aimed for Nottingham and

I decided not to go in the end. I shall wait until next year by which time I shall have a car back on the road to go in!

Superb pics Red and very clear too..

I reckon we aught to make you the official forum photographer...do you do weddings?

Bip.

• 8 months later...

Hi Red. Only just seen your pics of the auto karna. We used to go there regular but not been for a while. We also used to go to the custom shows that were first started there by Chris Jackson who is now the organiser of the biggest american lifestyle show in the country, namely The Americana at the newark showground which is held every year in july. When we used to show our car at wollaton it was a 1970 mk 1 capri. We had that car for 17 years and spent a fortune on it.

Ive known Chris for a number of years, and also Loony Chris, remember him?

I took my Camaro, and then Formula 400 (same as Trans Am, different bonnet scoop etc) back in the Woolie Park show days.

Hi Craig. Yes we know Chris Heath (loony chris) very well. He has been with chris jackson and his shows from very early days. He still does the americana with cj every year. He is still as loony as ever.

I recall doing a stage show on one of them once.....cant recall when,possibly one of the first times it went over to Newark, but my then colleague Good ole boy Tim "yee haa" Rogers was compering it.

• 1 year later...

hi ashley. i do believe that chris heath (loony) is a housing officer somewhere in the nottingham area. chrissy.

• 11 months later...

Have heard it will be the last one because of cutbacks, and if you don't believe that a senior grants officer at council has already been put on a 2 DAY WEEK because of cutbacks in housing grants etc, it's going to be bad, there's even rumours of the motability scheme going. And another thing this minimum price on drinks WILL (if it comes in) apply in pubs, no more house doubles or happy hours, should get the booze cruises to france going again!

true, but what I mean't was they won't be able to sell "supermarket" house doubles for £2.50 and in supermarkets lager and cider selling at £2 odd a bottle will BY LAW have to charge over £7, (who gets the extra money?) and it won't make a scrap of different to the binge drinkers (men and women) in late teens/20's who regularly spend £40 a night on shots and cocktails, see it every friday! (sorry for hijacking the thread)

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

I've covered Americana show in Newark for the last 15 years for a Canadian car magazine (Old Autos). I note the name Chris Looney Tunes and he sure lives up to that name. One hell of a good entertainer though. Chris Jackson still puts on a hell of a good show but some of the locals tell me its getting expensive. But if you want to see fabulous cars, bikes, and great entertainment this is the place to be in July.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It was a cracker today I went with my car........ Slightly pissed off at the admission queue that didn't help with overheating but once in it was OK.

The PWA7 always organise well and enjoy a great day.