Autokarna on Wollaton Park 3/6/07

Whats the admission charge this year Red ?

Well I've never paid anything to attend? Not sure if you pay to park, but there's more than enough on street parking try Lambourne Drive.

Some of Bab's gang down there?

BpHR4dqIcAA2A8A.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I never! You never who you are going to bump into when you're aat n'abaat. At the Wollaton Park autokhana we had a mini meeting around Siddha's Alvis. Surprise visitors carni and Chris along with

Today seeing as it was a lovely sunny day, we set of for an afternoon at Stratford on Avon, but after about half a mile changed our minds (as usual) and did an about turn and aimed for Nottingham and

I decided not to go in the end. I shall wait until next year by which time I shall have a car back on the road to go in!

• 2 years later...

I think it's only on Sunday.

Also notice they've put the parking up to £6 from £5 last year, still good value especially if you fill you car lol.

Oh, and yes I'm going

I bet all around there will be coned off - no parking tomorrow. I am thinking of jumping on a bus - or two. It will still cost me a fiver but at least I'll be getting something for my money!

Well I never! You never who you are going to bump into when you're aat n'abaat. At the Wollaton Park autokhana we had a mini meeting around Siddha's Alvis. Surprise visitors carni and Chris along with SueB48 and pooch.
DSCN1366_zpsgrllful6.jpg

• Upvote 7

Today seeing as it was a lovely sunny day, we set of for an afternoon at Stratford on Avon, but after about half a mile changed our minds (as usual) and did an about turn and aimed for Nottingham and Wollaton Hall for the Autokarna instead.

After a problem finding somewhere to park we joined the many motorists who had parked on the grass verge running along the outside of the park. There were no parking signs all along the road, but seeing as so many had parked on the grass, we thought it must mean not on the road!

Anyway it was very nice to meet Siddha who was there with his Alvis car, also SueB48, and who should appear, but Mr and Mrs Chulla, Chris and I, almost thought it was a NS meetup. Sorry we missed Den and TRD.

I just felt a bit uncomfortable about where we had parked, so we decided to go back to the car after about 45mins. As we left the park I spotted a police car across the road, at that, a warden shouted to me, Have you parked on the verge, not committing myself I replied Why?He said "If you have, get it moved quickly as they are just starting to ticket everyone. I have never seen Hubbs move so fast. Another couple of minutes and we would have been one of the unfortunate people with a £60 ? fine. I wish we could have stayed for longer, but will be prepared better next year.

• Upvote 3

Tut tut Carni, next year you must pays yer money!!! Small price to pay for peace of mind. Unfortunately we couldn't go this year but thoroughly enjoyed the event last year. Never did catch up with Siddha at that time, even though we hung around his car for a while. Surprised you didn't see Piggy and Babs like we did last year!

• Upvote 1

I decided not to go in the end. I shall wait until next year by which time I shall have a car back on the road to go in!

k03dhf.jpg

• Upvote 3

Lizzie we were quite prepared and happy to pay the car park fee, but just couldn't find where to get in. We went from Beeston Island all the way round the park and back again We had been stuck in the slow moving traffic jam all the way round and when we saw people parking on the verge it seemed the last option. If there was a car entrance somewhere, it wasn't very well signed. We don't usually make a habit of breaking rules, especially as I can't run very fast anymore! :biggrin:

Haha! At least you didn't get a ticket me duck. We got in via Wollaton Road somehow when we went last year. Ended up on a field. Maybe the Council like to confuse us by not signposting from all directions.

The entrance on Wollaton Rd was coned all the way across and three wardens, Two Men and One Woman in Yellow tops waving everyone past, not letting anyone have access there. Next year we will be more careful, a lesson learnt this year.

My god! there were a lot of people there, and cars - they must have made a fortune at six quid a time. Thinking that we would enter the park by the usual entrance, I missed the lane (signposted) at the Crown Island that took traffic along Middleton Boulevard and went straight on along Wollaton Road. We got waved on and decided to carry on and then go down Parkside Road to the A52 and then to the QMC and turn left into the Boulevard and then left into the park. This took an hour exactly after leaving home. If we had done a U-turn at the Wollaton Road entrance we would have to had gone back to the Crown Island (solid traffic all the way), up Middleton Boulevard, round the A52/Derby Road Island and back down the Boulevard to the Park entrance. OK but the A52 island was solid (has traffic lights) in all directions. All in all, it was worth it. Some great old cars there that took me back. My favourite was a 1930 sporty Packard. Packard were the Rolls-Royce of American cars. Will post a picture of it soon . I awarded Siddha's car Best in Show.