Autokarna on Wollaton Park 3/6/07

A couple of pics from Wollaton Park. Siddha in his Alvis, and the 1930 Packard roadster.

DSCN1363_zpsbhfkocxj.jpg

DSCN1364_zpspnikq6hm.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I never! You never who you are going to bump into when you're aat n'abaat. At the Wollaton Park autokhana we had a mini meeting around Siddha's Alvis. Surprise visitors carni and Chris along with

Today seeing as it was a lovely sunny day, we set of for an afternoon at Stratford on Avon, but after about half a mile changed our minds (as usual) and did an about turn and aimed for Nottingham and

I decided not to go in the end. I shall wait until next year by which time I shall have a car back on the road to go in!

Great weather! Good company!

It was really nice to meet other Nottstalgians.

I'm very pleased that everybody evaded getting parking tickets when I left there were an army of people in uniforms putting stickers on cars; it must have been like taking candy from a baby! Another Nottingham cash crop.

I had a good run back and hopefully by this time next year might have put something different together to bring.

• Upvote 3

Having thoroughly enjoyed last years show, I was bitterly disappointed at not being able to attend this year due to unforeseen family commitments. The best parking spots are near Bramcote Lane shops, or along the service road near the Wollaton Arms pub.

• Upvote 1

the service road near the Wollaton Arms pub.

Thats Lambourne Drive ;) & then use Elvaston Drive to escape the traffic & if you dead clever park top of my road Charlbury walk through the twichell down Woodyard lane then when you leave brings you out @ Crown Island .... Crikey!

I think everyone will be looking for safe spaces next year. Perhaps approach WP from the Bilborough end, or from Balloon Woods area.

Wouldn't you just hate to live close to Wollaton Park during these events?!! I'm rather territorial about the boundary of our property and thankfully don't get too many people parking outside here.

• Upvote 1

I'm the same Lizzie. If an unsuspecting car happens to even pull up outside my house, I'm up at the window like a bat out of hell.

As for neighbours visitors, I get aggravated immediately. It's bad enough getting in and out of my drive at the best of times, never mind having to negotiate parkers.

• Upvote 1

I appreciate that, but I still find it annoying..... Very, very annoying especially when they barely leave sufficient room to turn into MY driveway.