Coffee flavour or original?

Ain't seen en in years ,can you still gerrum?

;)

Guest Anne

Ooooo my favourite was coffee with walnuts at the bottom.

I miss em too..as well as Battenburg cakes and Branston pickle

and polony and haslet and blackcurrant tarts and cream cakes!!! :rolleyes:

And Mr Kipling iced fancies yummo. When I was in UK in Nov last year we had a few of Mr Kipling cakes all delish,all sweet & sticky & mmm. Their swiss tarts are the gluggiest,moistest tart you could wish for, i'm salivating now!

I think John West do kippers in tins. You must be able to find kippers in Canada?

We have several shops which sell a small selection of Pommy foodstuffs,a bit restricted but not bad. Do you remember Hobnobs? we can get them here & Smedleys mushy peas...mmmm.

I'm going to move these posts to Expats section.

I think I might go out and try and find mesen some Scottish kippers!

compusmash

Excellent fayre!

BUT as everything else nowadays it's not quite the same, now whether or not it's my constitution, not quite sure, but roughly an hour after they've been eaten, the indigestion is horrendous.

as with.. eggs, chips, crisps, battered fish, beefburgers, sausage etc. and a whole host of other scrummy stuff.. makes me think I'll stick to the lettuce and cucumber diet.. at least with these I'll get some sleep at night.

Kind rgds. BEN.

Hello Ben

I totally agree I had mushrooms on toast this morning & boy have I suffered all day,looks like a diet of semolina pudding for me from now on...... !sickly!

Hello Ben

I totally agree I  had mushrooms on toast this morning & boy have I suffered all day,looks like a diet of semolina pudding for me from now on...... !sickly!

My all-time favourite is an egg mayonaise sandwich (or several), of which I will regularly overdose knowing full well the repercussions..

but taken with large quantities of white rum of vodka, the effect is somewhat minimalised, as whilst the room is spinning at approx 45 mph, indigestion is of secondary importance as to keeping one's balance and the avoidance of banging one's head on the wardrobe, and being sick on the wife's new embrocaid wilton carpet.

Kind rgds. BEN.

Ben.

Get to your doc. and get a script for Nexium.I suffered with reflux for years til I got them.Now anything goes.

Baz :ph34r:

Thanks for the tip Bazza.. but.

I've tried all the so-called remedies.. Milk of Magnesia, Andrews salts, Eno's, Gaviscon etc. all to no avail..

the only substance which comes close to a cure is neat bicarbonate of soda.. admittedly, the flatulence produced by said remedy might be excessive, but if one has an interest the aerial manouvers of flying a kite, the benefits are twofold, inasmuch one is able to maintain maximum height on the kite whilst keeping one's company entertained at your garden party, barbeque, or shindig.

rgds. BEN.

Ever tried a teaspoon of vinegar?? Supposed to be a cure all for acid indigestion! Never tried it myself as I rarely get it.

Ben.

Get to your doc. and get a script for Nexium.I suffered with reflux for years til I got them.Now anything goes.

Baz :ph34r:

I use Lanzaprazole capsules for the reflux and Gaviscon for owt else!!

;)

After burping and f**ting my way through the last few postings, I'll get back to food! Someone mentioned semolina pudding. I stock up on instant semolina when I go back. Just add boiling water and it's a wonderful quick pud. Hubby puts jam in his, I like mine nekkid. [as in nowt in it]

Who remembers the huge Mars bars of our youf? I'm sure they were huge and it's not just my imagination. Used to cost thruppence, old money. I still can't eat one without nibbling off all the chocolate first as I work my way down. Here they're called Milky Way, not bad but the choc isn't a patch on the English version. Same with Kit Kats over here, it's pretty tasteless chocolate that surrounds it.

I loved haslet, Anne, and try and eat that when I go back, if I can find it. If I get to Nottm I like to get 'Elephant's Feet' from Birds bakery. Huge big fluffy conconctions full of cream with choc on top. Their potted beef is the best too.

I'll keep thinking of other stuff for the rest of the day!

Ooooo my favourite was coffee with walnuts at the bottom.

I miss em too..as well as Battenburg cakes and Branston pickle

and polony and haslet and blackcurrant tarts and cream cakes!!!  :rolleyes:

top shelf of my fridge, for Anne .

foranne002.jpg

oooh that was cruel!

I also miss Scotch Eggs, and English bangers, bread and all. Too much meat in the US ones!

If I showed you the bottom shelf you would be annoyed then ,2 scotch eggs to take fishing tommorow plus some Walls Sausage to eat before I go oh and I'll take some cheese and Branston pickle sandwiches wash it down with a bottle of Dandy lion and burdock (Cos even I cannot get Portello any more (remember that?))

By the way it was Mick that got me into the "Blue cheese dip" THANKS MICK!!

;)

No it was not! It was in that steak house in Fort Myers Fla when you had it on your salad and I stuck my finger in and had a taste ooooer missus

By the way you never took me to the Savoy when you got stood up it must have been someone else you two timing bitch

;)

I'm sure it was you in the Savoy?

I remember a lorge revolving tray of Horses Douvres, that was a meal for two

in itself?

Which diner in Fort Myers Fl.?

If it was there, it was most likely Roquefort Dressing?

Yum! My Favorite.

Nope definately Blue cheese .The horses douvereys sounds familiar (Was it Mary who stood you up cos if you remember she stood me up a couple of years later)

RE Fort Myers we stayed at the Ramada that had that band on (after we had eaten at the restaurant a couple of miles down the road) and there was a group of kids there to see the group, they had driven down from somewhere near Tallahasie just to see them (Did you know the group was actually Greenday? I still have the photos somewhere ,the lead singer had really long hair and looked more like a hippy than a punk they went on to gain fame at the Woodstock 25th anniversary reunion later in 1994)

;)