Which Mary? Mandys friend?

I remember a Bar we went into somewhere?

The weather was foul, Heavy rain and almost darkness during daytime?

Wer saw a famouse group before they were famous?

Found the FLPD T shirt the other week.

Still got mine never worn it .If you remember it was about 5 sizes too small for me then, I was thinking about getting our Adam christened in it LOL

Yes I think Mary was Mandys mate but don't quote me on that either

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ohhhhh Lordy...I've just seen the top shelf of Beefsteak's fridge and

can't believe my eyes.

I'll be over on the next plane...

I see on the Branston Pickle jar it sez 'small chunk' don't tell me you can get jars of different size chunks now!

I can't get Blackcurrant jam either and I used to love it.

Blue cheese dressing..yes..I can get that...

Oh for a chunk of freshly baked bread..hot from the oven..with a piece

of Stilton or Leicester cheese and Branston Pickle..small chunks please!

and a shandy to wash it down!

I can't get that either..we don't have English lemonade here.

!hungry!

Anne, we use Sprite or 7 Up for shandys here, and a good English beer to mix in with it. Non of this mamby pamby US cat pee!

I usually bake my own bread Anne! I use the bread maker to take the hard work out of it, then "prove" the dough in bread pans and then throw them in the oven.

Oh it sounds good to me AUMD...I think the smell of freshly baked bread is one of my favourites of all time. and you can't beat homemade bread..next to that is bacon frying when you're camping outdoors.

I shall always remember walking through the caravans at Mablethorpe or Skeggie early in the morning when everybody was cooking their breakfast.

Kath..I shall have a shandy for you this week-end me duck!

"Cheers" :victory:

Crikey, I thought there was a new acronym around. AUMD - I was trying to figure this one out then realised it was ayeupmeducks!

...I think the smell of freshly baked bread is one of my favourites of all time. and you can't beat homemade bread..

An old friend was a long-time sailor in the RN submarine service...

Apparently, it was a regular feature of the service that when their bread was being baked about 300 feet below the surface. all permissable doors/vents were opened aboard for the odours to permeate the boat!

Said to be a great cure for onboard depression amongst the crew..

Can't recall ever meeting ANYONE who doesn't love the smell of newly baked bread..

Cheers

Robt P.

...I think the smell of freshly baked bread is one of my favourites of all time. and you can't beat homemade bread..

An old friend was a long-time sailor in the RN submarine service...

Apparently, it was a regular feature of the service that when their bread was being baked about 300 feet below the surface. all permissable doors/vents were opened aboard for the odours to permeate the boat!

Said to be a great cure for onboard depression amongst the crew..

Can't recall ever meeting ANYONE who doesn't love the smell of newly baked bread..

Cheers

Robt P.

Don't know about the U.K., but over here, realtors will tell you to bake bread in the house prior to showing it to a prospective buyer!

The opposite is true of curry!

;)

Don't know about the U.K., but over here, realtors will tell you to bake bread in the house prior to showing it to a prospective buyer!

The opposite is true of curry!

;)

it used to be the case here Eric and fresh coffee now I think it's the smell of money that does it LOL

;)

When we had the motel, folks would come in and say they'd been price-checking at other motels. If the office stank of curry, they'd leave. We had lots of Patels running motels years ago.

I wonder if Mick can remember one of those we stayed at(one night only) in Kissimee .I think it was Brazilian owned this one stunk of pooooo!!!!!!! just our room mind we moved out and down the road the next day

;)

Was it the same one that had what seemed like a bus load of kids running round all night too

You can buy it here Anne, as well as other places.

Why not buy in bulk with friends and family to keep the postage costs down. (geez, I sound like a salesman) :rolleyes:

http://www.norbitoncheese.co.uk/stock/Stoc...=7&SubLinkID=64

I wonder if Mick can remember one of those we stayed at(one night only) in Kissimee .I think it was Brazilian owned this one stunk of pooooo!!!!!!! just our room mind we moved out and down the road the next day

;)

Was it the same one that had what seemed like a bus load of kids running round all night too

I remenber being in Kissimmee, and you being offered a steak with your breakfast for $1. Which Hotel was that. Though I have memories of a bunch of Carribean kids?

I remenber being in Kissimmee, and you being offered a steak with your breakfast for $1. Which Hotel was that. Though I have memories of a bunch of Carribean kids?

It was only 50 cents for that steak, 'an it ung offa sides o me plate' That was the 'all you can eat breakfast place' within walking distance of that crappy motel I can't remember the name of it , but the one we moved to looked identical!!!

;)

Also we went to that Chinese all you can eat place and I said "Lei ho mah" (Hello how are you) in my best Chinese and they didn't understand a word I said LOL

;)