I’ve just thought about another memorable event whilst we were on Harbour Island.  Because we now had the original 6 plus our 2 sons, one daughter-in-law, 2 kids (one being our 6 month old granddaughter) and two nieces We needed more money.  There was no bank on the island so Roger and I got a water taxi to Eleuthera and then a taxi to a bank.  Roger had to present his passport at the desk, the teller looked at it and said “Oh it’s your birthday!”  Within seconds the entire bank staff was there in front of him singing “Happy Birthday” in a very Caribbean fashion, including beating on the counter.  Even the other customers joined in, it was a lovely touch!  There are no cars on Harbour Island, we whizzed around on golf carts, some hilarious moments in the dark too, going in convoy from one side of the island to the other on relatively unmade roads to a restaurant.  All the kids want to do it all again!  

• Like 1
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First Father's Day without me Dad & me oldest daughter turns up I'm gonna be a Grandad 

had a visitor yesterday, my son came, as pals on here know not seen him for over 35 years, bought me my first ever Fathers Day card, absolutely thrilled to bits, j;ust a card but means the world, Fo

Remembering my dad today - although I wasn't even a twinkle in his eye when this photo was taken!

Phil, it says, quote..."Constance Penswick Smith, 1878-1938. Who revived Mothering Sunday, attended school in this building".

Your servant sir.

Thanks for that BK. Newark’s my local town and I’ve never seen that in the 58 years I’ve been going there. I’ve just found out where it is and I don’t think I’ve ever walked down that passageway beside the church.

• 11 months later...