[How did you spend yours ?

Me ? shifting 4 tonnes of old (buried) slabs ,out of my new childrens play area

I was conned I thought there was just one layer but it turned into two and a layer of hard core

On the plus side I got to pick my first crop of carrots ,second crop of peas and my third cucumber

;)

garden004.jpg

garden003.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First Father's Day without me Dad & me oldest daughter turns up I'm gonna be a Grandad 

had a visitor yesterday, my son came, as pals on here know not seen him for over 35 years, bought me my first ever Fathers Day card, absolutely thrilled to bits, j;ust a card but means the world, Fo

Remembering my dad today - although I wasn't even a twinkle in his eye when this photo was taken!

Working 7 til 1 then got home to have dinner with the kids and grandkids -- whew... they've just gone so now I've got to tidy up all the toys smile2

Wouldn't swop it for the world........

:Friends: My day hasn't been as tiring as Franks and beekcakes, infact it's been quite enjoyable, finished off putting paper on me new office walls just got to paint the paper now, new carpet of which i should b able 2 get an off cut. New ceiling light and window blinds and then it's mission control all go here. Hopefully!

c u all friday..

Bip. :Friends:

Welcome back me old Blue Glacier Turner (You have been missed ) now where is Caz?

;)

Sorry BIP forgot to add welcome and good luck in your new home

;)

• 9 years later...

Yeah ! A bottle of Jack Daniels and some choccies. Can't fault it!

had a visitor yesterday, my son came, as pals on here know not seen him for over 35 years, bought me my first ever Fathers Day card, absolutely thrilled to bits, j;ust a card but means the world, Foresters pub tonight, thought id share me happines with you all being as you all put up with me dark days.

• Upvote 10

Woken by my kids with breakfast in bed, fried eggs cut into love heart shapes, bacon and toast, laverly!

• Upvote 2

B & D Workmate, to replace my 30 year old one (can't get spares!!) that was, holed, sawn, drilled & chipped to death!! + pack of 4 beers from daughter in law xx,

Big smile on SWMBO's face, I can now do even more jobs in the house!!

• 1 year later...

Here we go again ! The lunatics are taking over the asylum. Come on, pass me the gun !

• Like 1

Exactly. What started as a daft novelty has turned into an epidemic. At least it'll hopefully keep the ever increasing population down, although I very much doubt it when I see hoards of unmarried teenagers pushing squealing offspring everywhere.

• Like 1

One of these days there's going to be an unholy shakeup. I wouldn't try to predict quite how it will happen but it will.  Civilizations have broken up before.  Roman Empire?  Any country can only take so much politically correct nonesense.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Loppy, I can envisage how Western civilisation and culture will disintegrate but for the sake of harmony and the boycott of political discussion on the Forum I will say no more.

• Like 1

Isn't Father's Day an American invention designed by gift and tat manufacturers to increase their already overblown profits.

Clinton Cards comes to mind - they even once had a branch in Cannes. It may still be there.

Fathers day started in 1909 by a woman who wanted to honour her father after listening to a church sermon on mothers day, then taken over by the 'tat' manufacturers.

Knowing I don't like 'tat' I usually get a bottle of either good malt or fine portsmile2

• Like 1