Forest: new £50 million stadium

If I remember correctly there was rumours bandied about in the late 80s about a big Nottingham stadium on the sight of the old power station to be shared by County and Forest, it was also to be possibly the 'New Wembley' and the centre of football exellence(which is now at Lillishaw)

Apparently these ideas were quashed by your man Reacher who argued that County weren't a big enough club to compare them selves with the Reds

By the way I haven't heard any rumours of a new stadium for Forest what is that all about then?

;)

Agreed....Reacher was yet another involved in the Chairmanship for totally the wrong reasons.

Just about every City with two league clubs - and there are many - have raised the joint ground concept at one time or another, and it has never ever come to fruition.

Would have been nice if Forest & Notts had become the 'pioneers', for a variety of reasons.

Not least, because it would have certainly created many fans who genuinely supported both teams on a continuous basis.....always a great rarity.

Cheers

Robt P.

IIRC Nottingham City Council undertook a feasibility study back in the early 90s into a new stadium which would be shared by County and Forest.

Reacher believed Forest were just too big a club to contemplate a groundshare: an arrangement which those footballing minnows AC and Inter Milan have found acceptable for years.

Cloughie also came out against a move, probably because he didn't want anyone messing with his "hold" on all aspects of the City Ground.

Personally I think if Forest were to build a new stadium it would be better off much closer to town in the White City area.

Later Rob I think 1970 but you could be right (Iwas at the good old Nott'm air display (at Tollerton)that day and remember the compare pointing the crowd to look behind us to see the plumes of smoke rising up and telling us what had happened) It was just before the Lightning made an appearence!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

August 24th 1968.... during First Division fixture versus Leeds United...

Jack Charlton {allegedly} lost his wallet in the fire, which amazed his team mates as they didn't know he had one!

Lightning reheat dismissed as possible cause of the ignition....

Cheers

Robt P.

When you consider that no one was injured it just seems a miracle compared to Bradford in 1985

;)

• 4 months later...

Looks like the powers that be have come to their senses and booted the idea of moving out to Clifton into Row Z.

They are now looking at somewhere closer to the city centre in the Daleside road area. Plenty of brownfield land there doing not very much.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/displayN...&pNodeId=133951

I'm not a fan of Forest at all, but any team moving grounds to some sterile Pride Park/Emirates Stadium/St Marys type bowl makes a big mistake.  You lose the atmosphere and the sense of history in the ground.

!hungr! Same thing happened when the new Arena was built replacing the old Ice Stadium, just no atmosphere and when Eric and his organ went that IMO was the death nail to everything that made Nottingham unique.

The music is now supplied by CD, which has killed for many others and me the camaraderie of community singing that we once had with Eric and his electric Organ.

All they are interested in these days is seeing how much money they can screw you out of while you are a prisoner within the Arena.

It always amazes me when I see people walking about the Arena with Burgers Chips and beer in hand, do these people have money to burn aren’t they aware they are being ripped off and don’t these people have any food at home which they could have before they come out to a game which in turn would save themselves a shed load of money.

How can anyone be that hungry to eat Arena Garbage.

Sorry if I went on a little there.

Bip. !hungr!

• 1 year later...

Very clever Nick, I did see this same bit a film used when Hitler got the word that Micheal Jackson was dead and wouldn't therefore be performing at a concert he was organising

Bloody hell man, that was amazing, I laughed so much that the dogs have been sitting next to me watching me in horror.

Can we now substitute the words of Svens reaction to Sol 'Shitbag' Campbells departure.

• 2 weeks later...