Another Pub _ Open All Hours?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Confirmed today Fox & Grapes / Peggers on Sneinton Market will soon be a Castle Rock pub .... Harvest Pale it is then?

The Cattle market should be charcoal by now? Prime land for posh flats.     Reports this his could be the biggest fire ever in Nottingham? Hope Notts have watered the pitch?   

I seem to remember the News House was it near there?

Posted Images

Happy memories in Catchems........many older family members.....used to live on Bulwell lane and that and the old peartree was their local,in the 60s and 70s,...............also had their Wakes there........

By the look of the so called beer they are selling I shall not be paying them a visit so often even if it is less than 10 minuets walk away.

I will give it one chance though but John Smiths is not my type of beer

See my photo comments on the Post's facebook page

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2004 at 5:27 PM, admin said:

Aha :lol:

Bamber came in and answered it, just as I put in that reply! :D

Someone tell us more about the pretty windows Murder! :huh:

(Thanks for reminding about this crime)

Anyone know why it was called "Pretty Windows"?

Anyone know the answer to the original question?

It was called "Pretty Windows" because after the night of poaching the chaps would call for a drink. and hang there rabbits, on the windows out side. The night after the murder of the landlord, master had said goodnight to me and was returning home he lived at the bottom of Carlton road, he was stopped and inter viewed by the police. He of cause could tell them nothing.

As my father in law use to know the night men I sure my infro is  correct  also failed to put not just rabbits but pheasants were hung from windows.

Why call it "Pretty windows" that pub went a long time ago. May be just call it "Fancy Windows". The poachers  also long gone. and the spicks that the poachers hung their goods on.:crazy:

• 1 year later...
On 15 January 2005 at 6:17 PM, Brian D said:

The other pub the one in the Cattle Market

The Cattle market should be charcoal by now? Prime land for posh flats.  

Reports this his could be the biggest fire ever in Nottingham? Hope Notts have watered the pitch? 

DrLa-PCX4AMYyRJ?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

A little Pub Quiz about a few Nottingham and Nottinghamshire  Pubs

!/   Name the Pub now that it has bungalows built on the car/park/ground  at Underwood, before it was  Ma Hubbards what was it called?

2/  What did the Dog and Quail at Underwood used to be called? 

3/ Roebuck where all good nottstalgian's  used to meet what was it called before it came the Roebuck?

Now this is one i can not recall the name off 

The Pub was know as The White House it was at Bulwell as I recall it was the M1 side  

Answer's on a post card please to Nottstaligia 

Dog & Quail was previously Sandhills. 

Should know the one at Underwood but I didn't know one had been built so....  probably need to have a look.

1 hour ago, mary1947 said:

3/ Roebuck where all good nottstalgian's  used to meet what was it called before it came the Roebuck?

I'm pretty certain it wasn't a pub before it became the Roebuck; it was warehousing/.industrial.

Hi Cliff  Ton

I was thinking of the Imperial which used to be there, at the back of the pub up an entry they would have live groups on Saturday and Sunday nights. Maybe I have it wrong.

1 hour ago, The Pianoman said:

Dog & Quail was previously Sandhills. 

Should know the one at Underwood but I didn't know one had been built so....  probably need to have a look.

Hi Pianoman 

Try the Brick an Tile

5 minutes ago, mary1947 said:

I was thinking of the Imperial which used to be there,

The Imperial was further up St.James Street it was recently called Bla Bla Bla same lay out.

What is now the Roebuck used to have rolls & rolls of carpet stacked outside late 70s early 80s. 

2 hours ago, mary1947 said:

Hi Pianoman 

Try the Brick an Tile

Not been down Main Street for a while so out of touch with that one. Last time I went in there it was still Brick & Tile and it was rubbish so never went again.

Mary I remember the live music nights at the Imperial, my cousin and his band used to play there quite a lot, Pink Harmony

Rog

2 hours ago, denshaw said:

Mary, the one in Bulwell, could it be the Top house otherwise known as Coopers?

Den, wasn't that also named. "The Lime Kiln Inn ?

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 9:57 AM, radfordred said:

The Imperial was further up St.James Street it was recently called Bla Bla Bla same lay out.

What is now the Roebuck used to have rolls & rolls of carpet stacked outside late 70s early 80s. 

I seem to remember the News House was it near there?

• Upvote 1