We've some nasty weather coming in now, severe thunder storms, heavy rain, but, it's hot.

Hang in there, John.  I noticed some nasty looking stuff heading up your way on the map last night.  Came off the hurricane, I think.  Just clipping the top NW of Ga .  Hope the worst of it misses you.

That all veered eastwards Dave, all we saw was a few sprinkles, this lot is from the south west, looks like a couple of inches is forecast and dangerous T/storms.

Funny morning, all the dogs were barking at the gate ( probably a cat or another dog)" so I went out to bring them in before they woke everyone up. On walking down the path I felt a light spray of fine mist on my arm. I thought it was strange that the sprinklers had come on at that time then I noticed there were odd sprays of water as though someone was playing around with a hose pipe and squirting it everywhere. Coming back into the house my son came out to go to work, he shivered and said how cold it was. He carried on out of the gate into his car just as I got back in and turned round to make sure the gate was closed.Then there was the strangest noise, I looked out the window and it wasn't just raining it seemed as though it was a massive sheet of water. Then the hailstones started and were bouncing off the banana tree next door. The noise was unbelievable. To the left and right the sky was black but in the middle the sky was blue. It was all over in less than3 minutes. A little later it rained gently this time and then again. Now the sky is dark blue and it's so hot and the humidity is unbearable. Don't know what to expect in the next few days.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 years later...

Was in bed Sunday night & rumbling thunder had woke me up: there was the brightest flash & instant bang I've ever experienced, house & car alarms were going mad. Looked out & streetlights were still on, but our electric RCD breaker had tripped, clicked it back on & all seemed OK & tried to get some sleep. In morning went to go online & router was flashing green light & no internet or landline phone but TV OK. On Monday got through to virgin on my mobile & they said lightning damage to their street cabinet & would phone me when fixed. They phoned & said should be OK now, but green light still flashing & no internet. Virgin bloke came yesterday morning with new router & was back on inline, said lightning had fried the gubbins in the router, also several neighbours had blown as well. Monday night our string of lights round the back garden didn't come on, presume the lightning has buggered them as well...