• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our road always floods when there's heavy rain as the drains can't cope, our drive slopes up from the road so house a few feet above road so safe from flooding. Moaned to Ashfield council many times b

There's been a lot more than the usual amount of precipitation here in the last few weeks. I say precipitation as at the height I live, it's been coming down as sleet. It doesn't last long on the grou

Get the sandbags out  

Don't shout it too loud Ian old son but, the suns out and it hasn't rained for about 3 hours

;)

A few spots at 12.45 pm and it's now getting very black owwer bill's movvers

thumbsdown

Had to feel sorry for the donkeys today as they stood all forlorn in the poring rain.

Never will understand why people would want to go on the beach in this terrible weather, there must have been at least five families braving the conditions.

Rose :Kiss:

Fair play to any one trying to make a living!!

As for the rest of us, who are just filling a few moments of spare time entering into some (occasional )decent conversation with like minded people ,whilst we break up the monotony of various college courses that we are studying ,to attempt to improve our chances to get back into employment.

oh and by the way it's only 1237 posts (are you jealous because you can't think of something sensible to say all the time Rob?)

By the way again I am just giving weather warnings to all in Nottinghamshire because you get it after me (oh and it's p1$$**g it down again 0245am)

thumbsup

Another flood victim, Gail Watson, reckons it is time Gordon Brown came to Hull.

"He should come here and tell us who's going to pay for all the damage. Especially the people who are not insured," said Gail, as she piled her destroyed furniture outside her home.......

FWIW, how about the folks who chose to be uninsured to pay?

Cheers

Robt P.

I'm sure nobody cares a toss, but it's raining for the first time in yonks. We've got a monsoon going, and it's luvly, Mrs 'oskins. It's a few days too late, 'cos on 4th July we had the annual firework display [against most folks' better judgement] and after the first 5 minute volley of fireworks, it all went quiet. Then we saw why. A spark had started a forest fire. Oops. End of firework display.

Well at least the Monsoon will have put it out now LOL (by the way it has rained again here today

;)

Just P***ed it down here 1.30-2.30pm again , oh and it rained yesterday as well

thumbsdown

25 days of rain seem to have abated at last ,it's overcast but it doesn't feel like rain(Unfortunately I can mow the lawn at last (every siver lining has it's cloud)) sic

thumbsdown

P.S. edited at 3.15pm (originaly posted 2.30) guess what??? yup it's raining (at least I don't have to mow the lawn now LOL)

;)

Mowed mine Sat morning not rained for several days now looking good if that's not tempting fate.

Forcasting now we might be getting a cold spell in the next weeks, mini ice is on its way. !tanning!

Bip.

It's just started again here .Still not had a dry day.

;)

P.S. Had a problem with my computer this afternoon so I was on the phone to India (Dell) for two hours this afternoon , and it still ain't perfect ,but it is better than it was.Fair play they did call me back straight away (on my mobile) must have cost them a fortune LOL

Any way back to the point I still ain't mowed me lawn

;)

• 12 years later...

We had some rain last night but we've only got puddles by the side of the road.  Most of the Fen round here is well drained, with ditches alongside all the fields and the big 'cuts' which take the excess water from the rivers.  There is one place in a nearby village which always floods, also a road on the way to St Ives but apart from those places everything is usually OK.   I suppose we escape because there are no big cities round here... only villages.

• Like 1

There's been a lot more than the usual amount of precipitation here in the last few weeks. I say precipitation as at the height I live, it's been coming down as sleet. It doesn't last long on the ground and because of living part way up a mountain, there is not much danger of flooding.

One good thing about it is that the ski resorts are getting plenty of snow for the winter tourist season. (I'm not suggesting I like the tourists but a lot of the locals work at the ski resorts in the winter when the vineyards and perfumery land are 'resting').

• Like 2

Never seen Nottingham flooded before. Hope it goes quickly. Just to keep up with the rest of Italy, we've had heavy rain for the last couple of days. We are fortunately in a position where it's difficult to flood although having said that we have landslides. Our village is divided in the old part where we are and the new part where shops are. The old part is up on the hills ( slopes) and when it rains the vineyards get their fair share of water and the rest runs onto the road as mud or into the ditches ( they are everywhere). It stopped raining last night and started to snow so this morning we have about 6" of snow that is thawing pretty fast.

Havent heard or seen news this morning about Venice. They are really in a mess but thanks to the brigades of youngsters they are getting help with clearing up.

This happens every year and they were saying yesterday that they don't know what to do as nothing seems to work to stop the flooding.

I feel sorry for those wherever they are to have to deal with the traumatic event of flooding. It's so disheartening.

• Like 1

Our road always floods when there's heavy rain as the drains can't cope, our drive slopes up from the road so house a few feet above road so safe from flooding. Moaned to Ashfield council many times but nothing ever done... 

Wife was staring through the lounge window during the heavy rain yesterday: I eventually let her in...

• Like 7