Don't you just love the get out clause at the bottom of the picture "These caricatures are not meant to depict Artemia Selina " I.E. Daphnia/Krill (Little Shrimp type things) which is all they were

;)

Don't you just love the get out clause at the bottom of the picture "These caricatures are not meant to depict Artemia Selina " I.E. Daphnia/Krill (Little Shrimp type things) which is all they were

;)

You can still get them over here!

Do they still come dry Eric ? then you just add the water !! I bet they cost more than $1.25 now!!!!

;)

Do they still come dry Eric ? then you just add the water !! I bet they cost more than $1.25 now!!!!

;)

Yep, they are still dry - but it looks like $9.95 is the going price! http://www.nature-gifts.com/sea-monkeys.html

You still see them in stores, typically before Christmas - so Wal-Mart will probably sell them for $5.95

They do have an "official" web site: http://www.sea-monkey.com/

Brilliant Marketing, nearly as good as Cigarettes!

I remember being fascinated by the ads in DC Super Hero Comics in the 60's,

Allongsides ads for places such as pacific pallisades, and for soldier models from the american civil war.

• 2 years later...

Just did your hand in Sulphuric Acid Nick ....et voilà

Don't try this at home kids!!!!!

X-Ray Specs

This is how i got shown.....its using the bottom half inch or so off the bottom of a round washing up liquid bottle...( piece of card will do it )....cut a small hole about 3mm in the middle of it and cut a piece from a feather....( largish one )shown on pic in green and stick it over the hole so that the wide side of the feather covers the hole ( bit of selotape both ends )....then look thru it at yer hand into a 'bright' light....it gives the 'impression' of being an Xray as your hand seems thinner with dusky faded edges....thats how it works.....crap i know but thats wot they were.....

XraySpex.jpg