• 4 months later...
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Florida Eagles. This is for anyone who was following Ozzy and Harriots story last year. I for one was, and really sad when I read this news today. He had been through so much and after being brought

I think this years only Nottingham falcon will soon be off that ledge?    https://www.nottinghamshirewildlife.org/peregrine-cam    

Posted Images

Thanks Red , that second camera view is a lot better than the single view from last year. i was on the phone to them a couple of times last year when all the birds seemed to dissapear. It turned out that the chicks just didn't seem to like the box and were hiding round the corner further down the parrapet !!

• 1 year later...

:blush: Bugger it...just worked that one out.

Can an administrator delete this and the previous post to save me embarrassment......please?

Just had the privilege of watching all three chicks take to the air !!

• 3 months later...

Wow!!! He hit the window with some force!! I often get birds fly into my windows, worst that normally happens is it stuns itself for a while.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Florida Eagles.

This is for anyone who was following Ozzy and Harriots story last year. I for one was, and really sad when I read this news today. He had been through so much and after being brought back to good health, he ended up losing his life in a fight for his love. Harriot. So sad.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/10/01/ozzie-the-bald-eagle-a-webcam-celebrity-for-millions-dies-fighting-for-his-love/

• Upvote 1

So sad, but as we all know, true love never runs smoothly. It is fraught with danger.

However, I've just opened the curtains, and at least five blackbirds are singing and playing in the stream in my garden. Three females and two males. I doubt that they are from the same family. I thought that they would have parted by now, but it's lovely to hear them singing. It's cheered me up no end.

• 1 year later...

Just laying in bed on a quiet and tranquil Sunday morning with the window open, and listening to the birds singing.

One in particular intrigued me. It sounds very much like a blackbird, but seemed to be doing 'wolf whistles', then a sound as if it was saying 'Joey, Joey, Joey'. Does anyone know what it could be ? Was it a blackbird, or a magpie, of which there are many around here. Perhaps a jackdaw. Any feasible answers would be appreciated.

On the news this morning, they were saying there should possibly be a cull of the green parakeets which are apparently being a bit of a nuisance down south (but spreading north as well). Perhaps your strange bird is one of them, FLY... or not!

I doubt it Margie, as the only green birds I've seen here over years have been greenfinches. I've certainly never seen anything like that flying, but it could be in the foliage somewhere. 

My thoughts were jays, of which there are several on the old railway embankment across the road. Other than that, a jackdaw.

However, a chap at the back, and up slightly has got a very large aviary in his back garden. It could be one of his escapees.

They're beautiful, but I've never seen any of those around here unfortunately.