• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Florida Eagles. This is for anyone who was following Ozzy and Harriots story last year. I for one was, and really sad when I read this news today. He had been through so much and after being brought

I think this years only Nottingham falcon will soon be off that ledge?    https://www.nottinghamshirewildlife.org/peregrine-cam    

Posted Images

Never owned a dog in my life and have no intentions of doing so, bloody inbreeds. Rather than trying to re home strays the Rspca aught to start putting more of them down, better still put all strays down, if it was left to me they would.

Stick food in one end and out it plops out the other to be trod upon by some unsuspecting member of the public, you aught to made to take more responsibility for the mess, if it was left to me you would

Don’t tell me you carry poo bags whenever you take your dog out for walkies Bip because I don’t believe you, all you dog owners are the same, pretend you care but really don’t give a monkey’s, if it was left to me you would.

Little dogs are the worst, yap yap yap all day long they aught to have their vocal cords cut at birth, better still drowned at birth, if it was left to me they would.

Cruff’s what’s that all about then? Bloody dogs.

Have you ever wandered where a USB cable socket is on a Lapdog? if it was left to me you would..

Viccy

Back to the thread, if the weather stays clear I am going to nip over to my local flash shortly there is a report of a Red Backed Shrike there at the moment

;)

Typical, I load the car (in bright sunshine) with two kids,coats, scope ,bins, tripod etc at 3.35 by 3.40 it's p***ing it down ,got to the flash and visibility is down to 50ft so couldn't see a damned thing. Did see a Grey Wagtail up close though. Back home for 4.10pm

Ayup Beefsteak,

Off to Frieston shore and Frampton marshes tomorrow PM after work to see Avocets, Short eared owls, Spotted sandpipers and Little Egrets, might call in at Digby fen again to see Monty's if time permits. At work we've got 12 common Buzzards, Tree creepers, Nuhatch, Tawny owls, etc altogether 78 different species, and thats just our site, Weather looks good for weekend so I wish you well and hope you knock a few off your tick list

Rog

Typical, I load the car (in bright sunshine) with two kids,coats, scope ,bins, tripod etc at 3.35 by 3.40 it's p***ing it down ,got to the flash and visibility is down to 50ft so couldn't see a damned thing. Did see a Grey Wagtail up close though. Back home for 4.10pm

Talk about anoraks, haven’t you zilch else to do apart from creep up on birds and then intrude into their private lives, talk about people wasting precious time on self-indulgences. There must be a better way to spend ones life than ticking off another bird from a tick list, absolutely a pathetic waste of time.

I feel sorry for the children who through no fault of theirs have to suffer your whims of fancy for a past time that’s going nowhere apart from a dark dank hide that smells of god knows what.

Have you considered taking up train spotting? That’s about as useless as twitching is? Better still stamp collecting, now that you don’t have to rely on the weather for.

Viccy

Talking about birds, The DHL afternoon flight landed on time at EMA.

Must remember to put it on the log.

Now back to BHX Approach 118.050...

On my way home from the pub there's a tawny owl sat on the telegraph pole at the end of my garden just looking at me no hooting or owt (bit too dark for a good piccy though but he's still there now )

;)

P.S. that Freiston ,is that up near Boston (If so I went there years ago delivering pipes for a new sewerage system 1987 I think)

Ayup Beefsteak,

Yes thats the one, top side of Boston and Frampton marshes is just south of Boston, Frieston has recently been landscaped and nice lagoons set up, nice comfortable hide and friendly people "who are sympathetic to our harmless and environmentally friendly passtime" Just finished my weekly lagoon inspections at work and found Shelduck,oystercatcher,green sandpiper and a Bewick swan, so combining pleasure with work, hows that?

Rog

Sounds good to me, (what do you do?) the best I ever did was when I used to walk the couple of miles or so home to my flat (when I lived in Ibiza) no water but loads of migrating birds all year round.I used to get a spotted and a pied Flycatcher on my veranda every morning for a while. If you looked up trhere was always something overhead (Egrets , various raptors etc ) Going some where now where I am garanteed to see lots of rare Raptors tell you more on my return

;)

Just took my daughter a birthday party at the local falconry centre.Bloody cheek (used to be free to veiw the birds, they just liked you to make a donation, now it's £4.50 just to look at them stuck in cages, and an extra £4.50 to watch the flying display. ) And guess what? yup no one in there, at least they would get some revenue if it was free (Daft as it sounds)

;)

P.S. They didn't get £9.00 out of me

Ayup Beefsteak,

Productive day, 30 Avocet's 200 Oystercatchers, 50 Common turns, 2 Marsh harriers, 1 Barn owl, 1 Montagu's harrier, 2 little egrets, 2 kestrel, 2 sparrow hawk. answer to your question, I work in the quarrying industry

Cheers

Rog

I hope Mick sees this post .This was my hotel balcony during a storm in clearwater Florida a couple of years ago (Two little one Great Egret and a Grey Heron had chased off a Brown Pelican just before I grabbed the camera) If you look bottom right you can see the bloke from the room next doors feet

;)

misc.jpg

Believe it or not Mick that is outside the same room we shared at the Blue Jay .Stan looked in the register from 8 years previous and gave it to SWMBO and I on our visit in 2002.(If you look on Google earth there are photos taken on the site of the Blue Jay of what is now called Bright water cove

I've just found a piccy of SWMBO out side the lobby

misc006.jpg

Ayup Beefsteak,

Not a bad day at work today, 2 Curlew, 1 Bewick swan, 2 Buzzard, 4 kestrel and the usual duck population, I am currently looking at a Tawny owl out of my bedroom window just across a recently ploughed field

Rog

Just been out for a drive (to another kids party) and spotted a Green Woodpecker in the grounds of the school where the party was held .First one I've seen in years (Been here 10 years and never seen one)

;)

Ayup Beefsteak,

Don't know if you've seen that bird club web site lately, but a yellow nosed Albatross has been reported somewhere in Lincolnshire, by the way the Motagu's Harriers produced 3 young and all have fledged, hoping to get to Digby this weekend to see them.

Rog

I had heard about it but not from the Lincs web site I think it was on the news.Thats good news about the Montys. I was just about to post on here myself because I was down the Bottom Flash in the town at lunch, I had taken my kids to feed the ducks, and in amongst the weeds on the far side was a Slavonian Grebe

;)

Green woodpecker you say? Common as the red arsed bullfinches around these parts and what else you say yellow nosed albatrosses those too common as purple-toed robins.

Bloody hell what a fuss about flying raptors, never heard anything like it. Have you ever thought while you are trudging about the countryside hoping to spot the Russian blue faced wood pigeon the harm you and your fellow anoraks are doing to the planet, talk about waist of time and resources?

Viccy