Happy independance day to all of you on the other side of the pond thumbsup

Thanks. A busy day here, one party this afternoon, and another this evening to watch the fireworks, plus I'm helping to line up the parade participants at 6, then jumping on one of the floats and joining in. It's going to be the hottest day of the week today, 116+ in Phoenix and well into the 90's here. It's supposed to rain by the weekend though, monsoons are round the corner. Yippee. I'm sick of getting static shocks from everything I touch!

Been out most of the day helping Her Who Must Be Obeyed! :blink:

I keep telling 'em we are slowly taking it back!

We let 'em 'ave independence for a while, but they have made such a mess of it that we have decided to slowly take over again!

It's funny how may look kinda puzzled and then say "I have noticed there are a lot of you Brits over here"!

!englandflag!

My hub tells everyone we didn't lose the country in 1776, we retreated. Same as I tell everyone that the tea here tastes like it's been dredged out of Boston Harbour and dried out.

Just bought myself a packet of Yorkshire tea, bl00dy costly mind but worth it. By the way it’s still raining, I know it is because the dog has just come in from outside and his back is wet through I also know this because he has just rubbed himself up against my leg, I now have wet jeans.

Bip.

I am rather partial to Yorkshire tea myself (But it begs the question where in Yorkshire do they grow it.....LOL

;)

My 94 year-old aunt (lives in Heanor) only drinks the Yorkshire tea - bloody good stuff it is too! I think she buys it mail-order!

Over here I can buy Typhoo teabags at our local supermarket! They sometimes have Devonshire cream, and normally carry Heinz steamed puds in tins - including "Spotted Dick"! A few weeks ago they had Rose's Lime Marmalade - so I snagged a jar for me brekky!

The local "Irish" pubs all have HP Sauce - and Colmans Mustard! I'm not complaining

Try explainin' "Spotted Dick" to an American!

Funny thing though in my local Morrisonsmorrisons.gifthey are now doing Lancashire tea (Owt to keep up the war of the roses)

;)

We drink English tea here, as in Typhoo or PG Tips, brought over by my brother on his visits. I'd drink Yorkshire if I could get me hands on it, it's a good strong cuppa, puts hairs on yer chest, it does.

In my cupboard right now, 2 ,yes 2, boxes, It's on BOGOF at Morrisons at the moment

yorkshire.jpg

I have just previewed this ,all I did to get the picture was to scan it in,(The whole box) ,it ain't alf surprised me how it's come out.

;)

Guest Anne

sorry...I got the wrong page LOL

Great picture of Yorkshire tea..I could drink a cuppa right now if I could get it.

We can buy Tetley's though and that's not bad.

Nothing like an English cuppa though..maybe it's the water or steilized

milk ot summat...but I can never make a good cuppa here.

We tried the Yorkshire Gold tea as me daughter lives in Cambridge and the water is so crap - yuk - I think I'd rather drink coffee

Anne, I don't know what your altitude is where you live, but here at 7,000ft, the water doesn't boil as hot as in the UK, and it does make a difference with the taste of the tea.