What have you done to make a real lame claim to five minutes of fame

I.E. See that canopy out side the front The Flying Horse Arcade well I delivered that

;)

P.S. I've got loads

;)

Love tennis so in early 1981 I wrote a local newspaper article.

With no experience at all, I actually interviewed his two up-and-coming youngsters.

Against all the odds, the article was actually printed, resulting in a very young Mandy Grunfeld being offered a free place at Didsbury Lawn Tennis Club, where

all the stars used to appear the week prior to Wimbledon. Later, she did appear at

Wimbledon once, but never made the bigtime - shame.

Received no payment from the paper but did receive 2 Wimbledon Centre Court

tickets from her grateful Father, where I saw Mckenroe and others play.

Have kept a typed copy of that article to this day, together with the two tickets and the programme.

Talk about perks of a job eh? Pity I never wrote another, but guess it would have been a disappointment after that amazing bit of luck. B)

In the late 80's - early 90's, Princess Di visited Nottingham.

She landed in the Royal Flight helicopter at the Police Sports Ground, Mansfield Road Carrington.

I was one of the only 2 official photographers allowed to accompany her and take photographs. I was the only one who she did not thank and shake hands when she left. I was busy taking photographs.

I was with her when she Visited Raliegh, a disabled facility @ bestwood, and opened the Nottingham Tennis centre.

I cant find any reference to the visit on the internet?

I have not got one photograph of her to show for it?

Did I dream it all?

I can't help you there Mick, but Prince Charles visited Raleigh in 79? and I was the only one in our 'shop' he spoke to and my mum told me to say (if he spoke to me) that my mum said to say hello to his mum for her, so I did , he smiled and said he would ask her for me, I often wonder if he did!! LOL

;)

During the late 60's I dismissed the great Garfield Sobers LBW, in a testimonial match at Wollaton.

Mind you, he had taken 16 runs off my previous 3 deliveries on his way to scoring 90 odd in 5 overs!

The match raised several £100 for his benefit season...

Miserable git he was too....didn't want to fraternise with anyone - not even the kids with autograph books.

He was 'charging' £10 to have his photo taken with spectators!

Cheers

Robt P.