Merry Christmas From Nottstalgia.com

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Merry Christmas Everyone. So many thanks to Mick and the Moderators for this lovely hobby you have given us. Before Nottstalgia I just used to flick around on the Internet, looking for anything of i

Merry Christmas and a Very Happy and Healthy 2015 to everyone who makes Nottstalgia the best website on the Internet, and especially to Mick without whom we wouldn't know so much about our lovely city

Merry Christmas to one and all. This is the best site ever, and all of you are like old friends. This last year particularly has seen some great subjects appear, lots of new members who post regularly

The Penlee lifeboat tried to rescue the crew of the freighter Union Star in 100 mph winds and waves of over 60 ft.

It managed to get four crew off but was lifted by a giant wave and smashed on to the freighters deck. Nothing was seen or heard again.

The pilot of the Sea King helicopter said it was the greatest act of bravery he had ever seen, or was ever likely to see.

In all 16 people perished. Within hours, a new volunteer crew was enrolled at Mousehole, the village of the lost crew.

Yes Karlton, it makes you think. !!!!!!!

A Very Merry Christmas to you all
Hope Santa to your house does call

Filling your stocking or perhaps a sack

Leaving presents for you to unpack

Expect there’ll be a heap on the floor

As at the gift wrap you will claw

And all because you want to see

How much they’ve spent on your pressie

But whether it cost pounds or pence

Its value is of no consequence

‘Cos no matter how much you may try

No money can true friendship buy.

• Upvote 3

Hope I don't end up being 'the heap on the floor '. LOL

A Very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Prosperous and Safe New Year to all Nottstalgians from the Land Down Under.......Trust your weather does not get too wet or cold for you...... :tanning:

• Upvote 2

Don't worry Michael, he will believe me.

It's a good job I'm thick skinned. LOL

Anyway all my 'Cyber friends' have a lovely xmas,especialy to those who are alone,remember you're not really'

benjamin 1945.

• Upvote 2

I Thought about what to put as a personal thank you for this our 10th year, but I could see nothing more that I could put apart from a big thank you to board staff for the work they have put in over the years including thwarting attempts to destroy your Nottstalgia Forums from November 2009 - October 2013.

On the latter, Thanks should also go to a number of uniformed and CID officers of Nottinghamshire Police.

I would just like to thank you all for making our site such a success. Posting your memories of Nottingham and prompting our brains into action, to remember even more Nottstalgia.

Have great Christmas and New year Everyone.

Remember these days are "Nottstalgia" for years ahead.

• Upvote 7

Happy Christmas Everyone.

Re."these days are "Nottstalgia" for years ahead" perhaps in the future it might be said that Nottstalgia ain't what it used to be.

A most happy Christmas to everyone especially Mick for keeping this site in order.

Andy C, for making me laugh.

LizzieM, she must be without doubt the most intelligent woman I've ever encountered.

Catfan, for having the same sense of humour as me.

Michael B for liking the same music as me.

Benjamin, Olly, AnnesleyRed and well everyone whoever they are. Have a great time.

• Upvote 8

Merry Christmas to all. Mick you have gone through a lot recently and thanks for keeping the site going. It's a fantastic site, you get free information, a good laugh and even a chance to meet up some of the folks.

• Upvote 5

You're cheeky benjamin. !!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

You are intelligent Lizzie, what other lady would follow Trent in Word with Concrete. I'm impressed !!!!!