• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

went to Glaisdale about 1956, was only there 11 months we lived in a prefab on wigman road 137, we had to move so went to Frinton Rd Broxtowe, ended up at players school, wished i could have stayed at Glaisdale, brilliant music teacher there, and miss Stapleton.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

went to Glaisdale about 1956, was only there 11 months we lived in a prefab on wigman road 137, we had to move so went to Frinton Rd Broxtowe, ended up at players school, wished i could have stayed at Glaisdale, brilliant music teacher there, and miss Stapleton.

Music teacher was Derek Parkyn-Marshall.

Brilliant man! :-)

• 3 years later...

I was at Glaisdale from 1954 to 1960 and was in Castle house. Mr Unwin was the head, Mrs Newton the deputy when I first went there. They both scared me to death! Miss Wing (later Mrs Wrathall) was my form teacher and English teacher. Her husband taught metalwork at the school. 25 years later my 11 year old daughter came home from her first day at a comprehensive on the other side of the city and told me her form teacher and English teacher was called Mrs Wrathall and her husband taught metalwork at the school.... Yes it turned out to be the same couple which seemed very strange. Mrs Wrathall and I spent a good part of the first parents' evening we went to reminiscing about our days at Glaisdale!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2018 at 10:31 PM, Jagman said:

I was in wollaton, I thought we always lost. My form room was lab 2 with Mr bird.

Mr Bird!.....who, of course, we called Dickie.... I'd forgotten him. He taught my class O-level biology. He lived in Wollaton and a friend and I occasionally babysat for him and his wife.

12 minutes ago, Bilborough Girl said:

Mr Bird!.....who, of course, we called Dickie.... I'd forgotten him. He taught my class O-level biology. He lived in Wollaton and a friend and I occasionally babysat for him and his wife.

I've been thinking about this since I posted it and feel I've mis-remembered. It was Mr Thorpe who taught us biology. I think Mr Bird taught chemistry didn't he? In my day girls weren't allowed to take O-level chemistry; that was reserved for boys and we had to take biology, which, of course, the boys couldn't. Imagine distinctions like that happening now!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...