Don't you realise that the good old British summer is back to what it used to be,cold dull & miserable just like it was when I was a kid. Summer was always the last week in July & the first week in August,no deviation.

It's only the last few years it has been something like you would expect on an overseas holiday.

We have had the mildest of winters for the last few years,dry,no rain & very sunny. But this year! boy is it cold,we had a drought for god knows how long? dry river beds & creeks,wells dried up & water restrictions, this year we have had lots of rain,bitterly cold weather,lots of hard frosts & snow at the beginning of the snow season instead of the middle & it's taken 10 yrs to get back to what is the norm for this area Craig.

So book yourself a holiday in Benidorm & forget about the summer in England it ain't happening this year mate :Friends:

It's raining here now for the 30th consecutive day .Still not been able to mow the lawn (I'me sure when I get to do it i'll meet Livingstone somewhere near my Hydrangers)

;)

Nice and sunny here - actually, we could use a little rain!

;)

It's absolutely bone shatteringly cold here again this morning. We have 2 fires on the go at the moment ,paddock is frozen from top to bottom . Maybe we are getting a bit soft it is winter after all :ph34r: . So i'm off to the shower to warm me cockles before I start work :blink:

Have a safe trip Baz & don't forget to have one for me thumbsup

It looks (fingers crossed ) that we are going to have a good day today the sun is out and the kids are playing on their new play area (at last)

;)

It looks (fingers crossed ) that we are going to have a good day today the sun is out and the kids are playing on their new play area (at last)

;)

Looks like you were mistaken?

Hasn’t it been a nice day, makes a change from the past several.

Once again the families are back on the beach and Antonio has stopped his moaning now that he’s selling ice cream by the gallon.

Nice to see the donkeys back on the beach after their long absence, it’s always nice to here them coming along the road with the sound of their little bells tinkling around their necks, better than the racket from the church on campanology night, reminds me of the days we spent in a caravan next to their field one year, mum said ‘never again, I didn’t mind the noise though.

Yesterday and Monday weren’t fit for anyone let alone donkeys, besides not that many people out to make it worthwhile rounding them up to make the journey from where they’re kept even though only a mile away.

Edna over did it last night with the Guinness, if I’ve told her once I’ve told her half a dozen times to take it easy with that stuff, I tell her it’s not shandy you know, but will she listen, bolts it down like there’s no tomorrow, mind you she pays for it in more ways than one after, she will insist on eating dry roasted nuts with her Guinness, say’s they keep her regular.

We had cottage pie today, or were it Sheppard’s pie, I reckon they forgot to take the thatched roof off; the potato topping was that hard I had to have double helpings of what past for gravy.

Bernard the old gentleman next door but one broke his dentures trying to break through the crust, said it was like concrete, I believe he in his youth was a surveyor.

Lets hope tomorrow brings me some better luck at the bingo, I need it after this weeks fiasco at the bookies, not one winner in over a week, put ten pounds on Tiger winning the open.

Bye bye for now, Rose.

...Nice to see the donkeys back on the beach after their long absence, it’s always nice to here them coming along the road with the sound of their little bells tinkling around their necks...

Doubt they'll wear bells in Kenya.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/6902309.stm

Cheers

Robt P.

We have just had a totaly dry 24 hour period but the forcast says back to normal tommorow

;)

Friday Night saw me at work, stood outside for 3 hours, in the freezing cold and heavy rain.

And heres the forcast for the rest of july, note the next wave of heavy rain approching from the west! madashell

wx220707.jpg

• 4 years later...