Things that pee you off...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

Going to The Rock Hotel Tettenhall on Sat for Chris's celebration dinner. Last time we went there, the young man who served us kept asking if us 'guys' were Ok. You could hear him all over the restaurant saying ' You Guys' to everyone. I bet we get him again. Could do with Mrs catfan as backup.

• Upvote 3

I had just forgotten him, Carni, now you've reminded me again!! Yes, I am looking forward to next Wednesday...

• Upvote 1

People just tend to copy everything from America. When the Beatles and the rest took America by storm they copied everything from the UK. Nowadays it's all 'High Fives', male and female are all 'guys', fat black rappers blast out of everywhere and then there are group hugs. People have started using the 'bathroom' instead of the toilet. Does that mean when we go out we should take our shampoo and conditioner with us?. Daft, I call it.

• Upvote 4

I only 'high five' children when they have done something good (but I also say 'well done'). Don't think I ever use the word 'guys' for either male or female. The only Guy I refer to is the one that goes on a bonfire or one of my grandsons who is called Guy. I only VERY occasionally do 'group hugs' and never refer to the toilet as the bathroom. But there again, I'm old! I suppose now the world has got smaller, lots more things go into the mix... In 50 years or so, perhaps everyone will speak the same and do the same things? Pleased I won't be around to see it - I like individuality.

• Upvote 2

Hey Catfan! 409. Sorry to say "Hey" has become a common form of greeting here in the colony. As in Hey! 'Ow yer doin'. Used to be Hi, in Canada. I must admit it is addictive and I have been guilty of using it. But Hey! I try not to. I seem to remember as a kid in Nottingham if you said hey to somebody the reply was probably, " 'Osses eat it." Lol.

• Upvote 4

No , I feel like pulling THEIR teeth out !!!!

• Upvote 1

Now then chaps, don't aggravate the liberal fraternity !

• Upvote 1

Why not? a few years ago it was illegal to be homosexual, now all of a sudden it's forced upon us through TV,radio, newspapers etc as if it's something to be proud of, get back in the closet I say

Rog

• Upvote 6

It gets me at teatime, .Emmerdale, Corrie, blokes kissing. FFS. I have to turn away in order to eat my food.

• Upvote 3

Here's today for starters.

Madam reminds me we've been together 14 years today. Oh well, nuff said.

Drives down Hucknall Rd, down to one lane and the entire island on the ring rd is one lane due to turf laying in the massive new island. Although the signs on Valley Rd say that the work is completed. Asian woman in a black 4x4 cuts me up immediately on the island.

Also I was in the bus lane which only has restrictions on weekdays, a black woman hoots me when I indicated to join her lane.

Two minutes since leaving home and I'm ready to kill.

Heading to Asfordby along the A46 and then the Melton Rd. Matress, big card by box and loads of shrink wrap, two Hippo type bags full of rubble, MFI type of furniture all smashed up, pillows, three dead badgers, God rest their little souls. Various pheasants, rabbits, hedgehogs and other wildlife strewn along the journey.

Get to the Garden Centre, in the cafe, a toddler starts squealing, then another. Pass me the gun !!!!!

Bacon sandwiches arrive, no napkins. Insufficient packets of sugar in the little dish. Oh well, the coffee is nice so extras ordered. Yes, you've guessed it, slops in the saucer. My God it's not even noon yet !!!!

Anyway I've calmed down now. Bring on tomorrow.

• Upvote 4

Oh yes, nearly forgot, I was up the ladder in the garden pruning a Robinia tree, grabbed a branch to steady myself and it was rotten and snapped off. I managed to grab another whit was fine. Looked down for some sympathy and madam stood there giggling.

Finally finished my jobs, lit the chiminea , got a beer. Sod me, next door but ones grandkids were in the garden squealing. Little 5hits.

Soon went in when the chiminea started smoking. Yeah !!! Got em !

• Upvote 4
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...