Things that pee you off...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

Don't let em get to you Mick. I'm more cantankerous now than I've ever been and they can't shut us up for ever.

Our generation built this country up to be great since the 60's, but Brown singlehandedly ruined us.

Whenever I hear younger folk moaning I politely reply ' Don't F*****g blame me !'

• Upvote 2

#486. I know exactly how you feel Mick. I went 10 months early but I did have the finances to do it, but it did mean living off one of my life insurance policies for that period of time until my state pension kicked in but I never regretted it.

I have the finances they just won't let me go and they keep asking me if I'll stay on a bit afterwards, they get the same answer every time "NO, not likely!!".

It's actually quite good because I'm doing bugger all while looking busy, my ROF training is kicking in nicely.

• Upvote 1

I wonder what the present younger generation will think when/if they reach retirement age. Will they blame the parents of the then 'their' younger generation? Will they be resorting to corporal punishment as I think they might? Will they regret the loss of their past? I have already heard 20/30 somethings regretting the loss of their 'old days'. Perspective always seems to deceive and what goes around comes around. The question I often ask myself is, would I like to be young again and a part of the present younger generation in the world as it is? I don't think I would.

• Upvote 2

I don't think I would knowing what I know now. But if I was young , naive and innocent again, then I would embrace life wholeheartedly.

• Upvote 1

Although others as well as myself detested the Available Car .com advert, I thought that the blond girl was quite attractive.

However, the latest glut of adverts has irritated me intensely. Her voice grates, she now has what appears to be too much makeup and she looks insipid. Am I getting old or what?

Woaaaaaah now then, a more discerning taste these days.

• Upvote 1

Bl**dy packaging.

Here in Adelaide we have three bins, one 120 litres for general rubbish collected weekly, one for recyclable items and one for "green waste" that are collected each alternate week both 240 litres.

Even with only two of us at home the recyclable bin is nearly always full or overflowing into the general rubbish and most of it is excessive packaging and before anyone comments about beer bottles and cans these are stored in a separate bin and when full returned to a recycling centre for the 10 cent deposit and therefore another slab of beer.

As an example her indoors prefers a brand of soap that comes in six cakes in a clear cellophane wrap, which after you have struggled to tear this, each cake of soap comes in a little cardboard box thingo and then inside that is the cake of soap enclosed in yet another clear cellophane bag and to add insult to injury each cake of soap has a little label on it. I am sure you know the brand but bl**dy hell it is only soap.

Blister packs really pee me off, you almost need a pair of tin snips or a Stanley knife to get into them and then to find that the sodding product is cable tied to a card inside. If anyone breaks their scissors trying to get through the packaging look out as you will need the snips or the Stanley knife to get into the packaging that the scissors come in.

Almost any hardware item now comes in blister type packs even down to a few screws or nuts and bolts.

Cereal boxes that are twice the size needed for the cereal inside.

Packaging for any electrical item, the cardboard box, then a plastic bag, then formed polystyrene then the little polystyrene bag that the product is in, innumerable other plastic bags that the leads, batteries, instructions etc come in.

Last but not least for this rant, shirts, will anyone explain to me why the shirt has to come in a clear celluloid box (with an incorporated hanger loop) four separate pieces of cardboard and tissue paper, innumerable clear plastic clips and enough pins to keep a voodoo practitioner happy for years and yes I know it is about retail presentation but?

I hate packaging

• Upvote 3

You are lucky with the garbage service, Oztalgian. Here in Tasmania where we live, two bins (general and recyclable) COLLECTED EVERY FORTNIGHT!!

Shirts have always been packed like that - ever since I was a kid anyway.

Plastic blister packs are responsible for a high percentage of persons of all ages attending hospital casualty sections across the country, for treatment of deep cuts and wounds to the fingers and hands :hand:

mick2me #499

Don't know about others on this site but as you get older child proof containers become an increasing challenge.

On a similar vein, which packaging numpty came up with the little key method of opening tins of Fray Bentos corned beef. Either the key broke half way round or it was never strong enough to break off the final bit and you had to waggle the top part of the can until the metal fatigued and the top part came off. Forty odd years later I still have the scar on my thumb from trying to open a can whilst on a day trip to Skeggy.

Just watched Benefits Britain on the telly and it peed me off...............

• Upvote 4

The FedEx delivery man,had a few parcels delivered to site,box of 6 toilet cleaners for the office bogs (liquid) threw on the floor not in the upright position,two smallish boxes (about a foot square) with two fire bricks in each for me new storage heater just dropped on the floor and finally my new storage heater in a box about 21/2 feet tall by 15 inches square with clearly marked upright arrows just slung on the floor, I asked the delivery man "should that be stood upright as per arrows" his reply "well they'd f----ing fall over anway" well he stood the box up and it stayed up,I just looked at him and Said "oh ah" today I think I will complain,his customer service was crap and he managed to knock a corner of one of my fire bricks,

Rant is now over,until I phone FedEx

Rog

• Upvote 2

One thing that is guaranteed to get my goat is when visitors are leaving a neighbouring property after shouting the farewells they have to sound the car horn when driving away !

After a few hundred yards this futile example of saying "look my car horn works" they honk the bleedin thing again WHY ? ffs.

• Upvote 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...