Things that pee you off...

Sure do Oz, NEP were always arrogant sods,now bombard everyone with pop up ads, tears ago it was unsolicited phone calls day & night to get us to sign up for paper deliveries, anyone else remember that ?

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

Oh yes. They didn't respond to the polite refusal so in the end a more forceful answer was needed. The website is pathetic in so much as the pop ups are over the top, the page jumps about as you navigate and stories are not updated regularly.

• 2 weeks later...

With reference to #884, whereby I mentioned greedy and unscrupulous record companies have released an absolute deluge of inferior stuff by the Allman Brothers, and Gregg himself since his tragic death a couple of months ago. I now notice that EBay is becoming swamped with people trying to make a killing on CD's , T shirts, and other assorted memorabilia.

T Shirts that several weeks ago were a few pounds, people are now asking between £400-600. Cd'sthat were under a tenner are now offered at £20+. 

I'm so glad I purchased an old Gregg A T shirt for £12,and  a Brothers one for £13 a week before Greggs death.

As for CD's I've virtually got them all unless something 'new' has been released in the last few minutes.

Someone once told me when I first started work that 'Nothing should stand in the way of making money '. On the whole, I agree, but there is a limit !

• Upvote 1

Too often I have seen large photos of clothing items displayed in department stores but the item shown in the photo is nowhere to be found in the shop. This week saw the photo of very smart jacket. Could not find it on the rails so I asked an assistant (yes I did manage to find one) who was very helpful and looked for the jacket on the computer. It was not there in the stock lists! No record of the jacket so it could not even be ordered online! It is little wonder that this particular store is reporting falling profits.

• Upvote 1

Noticed at the Toton tram terminus this afternoon, that there are about 20 very large travellers / pikeys / gyppo's caravans parked on the NET car park. 

Now let's not hear any hand wringing crap about these poor folks being homeless. They have large 4x4's, massive pick-ups, and luxury cars. No bangers there. All expensive stuff, yet they constantly bleat on about being deprived and penniless. Utter twaddle.

I sincerely hope that first thing on Monday morning, the Broxtowe Council bulldozers are suitably deployed ! 

• Upvote 1

It'll never happen Rog. The police, the councils and the courts are 5hit scared of the inbred oafs. 

• Upvote 1

No, no children, this is not being politically  correct. Don't forget these poor under represented itinerant people who have to lie, steal & cheat to make ends meet every day. Need all the help they can get. !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Vigilantes !

These travellers were parked on Lenton Abbey park, last week, they just seem to move from 1 site to another. The park is still closed due to the clean up operation.

It is about time that the government, sorted this problem out, as well as squatting.

Exactly Ray..... They pay absolutely zilch into the running and upkeep of the country, so why the hell should they believe that they are entitled any subsidies, handouts or free facilities.

Turn the water cannons on them.... 

• Upvote 1

It amazes me they all have caravans or motor homes, there are plenty of caravan sites all over the country, why don't they use them?

I would like to see what happens when a law abiding citizen parks his touring caravan, on a public park, the pcsos would have a field day.

• Upvote 1

There'd be police back up, the Civil Defence, The SAS, the marines, a couple of tanks, the Texas Rangers, Canadian Mounties, the French Foreign Legion, Mossad. Every misguided buffoon who's ever shown concern for them.

As you say, it should be the Governments responsibility. Confiscate their goods if at all possible.

• Upvote 1

The crime rate will dramatically increase in those areas I'm certain.

Had a run in with some travelers a couple of years ago in morrisons car park bulwell,    they were threatning to run me down on the zebra crossing, so naturally stood my ground on the crossing,and held everone up, the idiot driving the 4x4 kept reving the engine and shouting he was going to beat me up,or words to that effect, lol,

Went to his half open door and told him, I'll be having breakfast in the cafe,so please come to me and we'll discuss your problems mate, he roared off shouting and threatening to park his 4x4, i saw 2 or 3 coppers going into the store for their breakfast in the staff canteen,so i related what had occured,    cut a long story short,they threatened to arrest me for racial language, i had referred to them as gypos,    says it all really don't it. 

• Upvote 2

They only move on when they've blatantly ripped off some gullible pensioners by doing a crap job of tarmacing their driveway.

The trouble with the PC brigade is they appease the so called minority groups but Churchill said something like "you can keep appeasing the crocodile but in the end he will still eat you" or sommat like that

Rog

• Upvote 4
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...