Things that pee you off...

I walked passed Toton Tram Terminal this morning, and noticed that two quite large areas where the travellers had squatted have had to be resurfaced incurring unnecessary expense for Broxtowe Council. I also noted that there were several areas showing signs of oil spillage, and many tyre marks from wheel spinning morons. Ugh !

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

Been staying at my daughters all week dog sitting, as her and her family are currently on holiday. My son in law said before they departed that he had left me some beer in the garage. I fancied one yesterday afternoon as it was very warm. Lo and behold, it was a box of Boddingtons in cans. Now I've had it very occasionally on draught, and it was just about drinkable, but this was horrendous. It took ages to settle, and tasted very weak and pallid. I got halfway through the glass, and poured it down the sink !

I'll never call Shippo's again !

• Like 1

Observing usually overweight, middle aged obviously very unfit people who have never seen the inside of a gym walking about with a fag on dressed in tracksuit bottoms & trainers.

Since my last holiday in Dorset a few weeks ago, I've had a metallic rattle from the n/s front wheel. 

Bu66er me..... £ 179 for a new spring and shock absorber yesterday !  Pot holes and crumbling country lanes !

3 hours ago, catfan said:

Boddington's a bit like cats pee

And speaking of cat pee, down at cat rescue this morning, little Andromeda was clearly having problems. Kept getting into a litter tray, striking a pose and nothing was happening. Been like this for a couple of days and drinking lots of water. Concerning and as it's the weekend, we rang the local vet and I took Andromeda up in the car. You've never heard a noise like it! Almost deafened me! In the waiting room, she kept up the caterwauling until called in to see the vet. 

I opened her cage and Andromeda shot out, climbed up the front of his scrubs, round the back of his neck and sat on his head! Should have warned him. She loves human males.

A through examination followed. Every time he let go of her, Andromeda performed the same trick! Then, while we discussed a probable UTI, she scampered off, jumped all over his laptop, inspected the cupboards and turned the tap on!

A shot of antibiotics followed, after which she sat on his head again. Eventually coaxing her back into her carrier, the V E T said they would like to see her again on Monday to check how she's doing. He winked as he added that he would be at a different practice that day! ;)

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3
1 hour ago, FLY2 said:

Since my last holiday in Dorset a few weeks ago, I've had a metallic rattle from the n/s front wheel. 

Bu66er me..... £ 179 for a new spring and shock absorber yesterday !  Pot holes and crumbling country lanes !

Ought to be changed in pairs FLY ! =£358  !!  smile2

• Like 1

I know Mick, but is it worth it on a nine year old Peugeot 308S that's done 105k miles. I do insist on tyres being changed in pairs. 

I'd had a n/s rear blowout due to a slow puncture on the M3 a few weeks ago, and although the o/s one had plenty of legal tread, I insisted on them replacing both when I made it to Micheldever Tyres. I can't for the life of me understand why folks buy part worn tyres. You don't know what you're letting yourself in for.

Long trips to Carmarthen and Hants coming up in the next week too !

• Like 1

You got it Jill. Sparks and fireworks, will undoubtedly be flying, as will my temper !

Happy families..... My backside !

Have just read an article about the woman with 8 kids on 26 grand a year she has an AGENT   !!!!!!    thought you had to do something (like Work) to need an agent or is taking the p out of hardworking people now classed as work.

No, I think that taking the p comes naturally to many folk these days I'm afraid.

20 hours ago, catfan said:

Boddington's a bit like cats pee FLY  !

Boddington's has not been any good since it was takem over by Grand Met . :( 

I'm not even sure if it's still brewed in Manchester?

15 hours ago, FLY2 said:

I can't for the life of me understand why folks buy part worn tyres. 

I had a mate who was a manager of that fit quick place, he had a verbal contract with a Nottm firm you could not get in there on a Sunday morning for taxis. 

Was in a cafe the other day, and asked for an Americano with cold milk. (The frothy hot milk always reminds me of baby sick).

As you can imagine, it came with hot milk, which she changed, and brown sugar. I asked the girl to swap it for white sugar and I returned to my table. 

About 10 minutes later, I asked for another Americano, with cold milk, which I got this time, but again, it came with brown sugar. I told her that she swapped it for white for my previous coffee. She replied that most people prefer brown to white with coffee, but I politely replied that I didn't. I said that white sugar comes from sugar beet, which is grown throughout the UK, and that brown sugar comes from sugar cane which is grown on the other side of the world. So, if we all have white sugar, it helps our economy.

She looked totally bemused as though I were speaking Chinese...... Weekend temporary workers ! Tut, tut.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Amazing, I can't stand willing amateurs ! 

I can't have Garlick,I am allergic ,it makes me violently sick.

Have to be careful when eating out.

In the restaurant in John Lewis I was out for lunch with my son who knows of my allergy,he asked which meals were garlick free.they looked at him like he was daft,anyway I had the meal they suggested,it was full of garlick.

Another time I went to Soulville in town,I asked for a salad with no dressing,along came my salad covered in blummin garlic mayonnaise ...Grrrr. 

Me too Tabby..........i have my Espresso in tiny proper cup.....just want the Hit'....and they give me.......2 satchets of sugar,a saucer,spoon, and offer milk,.Yuk,................never take sugar or milk..........i mean did you ever see John Wayne or Clint Eastwood putting milk or sugar in their Coffee.........;)

Had the misfortune this morning to walk from Vic Centre along Parliament St, down to the Market Sq, then passed Debenhams. What utter filth covered the pavement. Gum, sick, discarded food, spit, spilt drinks, nub ends and broken glass. Not to mention the normal litter.

Then on return, I walked along Long Row, Clumber St, and back to Vic Centre. Again, horrendous! What visiting tourists think, I dread to think. 

I appreciate that we've just had a busy Bank Holiday weekend, but I'd have thought that the Council Cleansing Department could have washed the paved area around the square. The stonework looked appalling. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Symptoms of a disintegrating civilization, Fly.  I'm not just picking on poor old Nottingham either.  Binge drinking puking and filth are becoming a lot more common in a lot of places.  :(

• Like 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...