Things that pee you off...

The only reason that Madeline went missing is that she was left alone in a villa while her parents went out.  That is what her parents have to live with for the rest of their lives, maybe this is the reason her parents push so much to keep her case alive.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

I know they're trying to atone for their actions, but just maybe they've got something more sinister to live with indefinitely !

• Like 1

I don't know but there is something about the whole event that gives me the impression the truth has never been told. I certainly don't think the child is still alive and the reaction of the sniffer dogs who were brought in early in the investigation has never been satisfactorily explained. I would suspect foul play but we'll probably never know.

Why was one of the first things they did, was clean the car boot, and also wash Madeleines favourite cuddly toy. Surely if you're innocent, then you leave the forensic procedures to the police. A half decent homicide detective would have sussed them out within hours. Where's Jack Frost when you need him ?

• Like 1

Regarding the Portuguese police procedures, I don't know what form of interrogation initially took place, but an open mind attitude should have prevailed from the start. Ok, begin with a softly softly approach, but once flaws appear in their recollections of events, then a much harder attitude should have ensued. The pair then should have been separated and questioned relentlessly. I'm sure Kate would have broken first, as I think she has been manipulated and controlled by her calculating and controlling husband. 

The case desperately requires a leading detective who gets his teeth fully into the case, and never lets up, not a bunch of bungling amateurs pussyfooting around with tea and sympathy all the time. 

• Like 1

While I agree with what you are saying Fly/Jill/Gem/NBL/Trogg I think this discussion should come to an end on this site,a lot of people have been chastised and even took to court over this case for saying what they think right or not and the last thing we/I want on this site is for any of the members to be caught up in something that is for some reason beyond anyones control. Let whatever happened be on the conscience of those involved and they know who they are. But throwing money at the case will not solve anything except cause more resentment from the honest tax payer

Rog

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, plantfit said:

I think this discussion should come to an end on this site,

.....which is a suitable way to close the subject.

And people should also bear in mind that in cases like this - and many others - there may be all kinds of facts and information behind the scenes which the public are not aware of.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just opened a letter from HMRC or whatever they now call it, telling me I owe them £246, which they will deduct throughout the year. This is on top of last years demand for £209. Is this the thanks I get for 49 years work, and now get small increases on my pensions which I paid into and presumably was taxed on it . Disgusting ! 

Similar thing here Fly,I have always been on PAYE,I finished work last March,I gets a letter from HMRC telling me I owe them over £400 unpaid tax and they will stop it out of my pension,

Rog

Thanks for bringing it an end Plantfit I had reservations on posting it at the time as people have strong opinions on it and it is very possible to write more than what is legal , that is why I asked Admin to remove it if they thought it was inappropriate .

• Like 1

I see that several ex soldiers might be prosecuted for so called indiscriminate shooting of 'innocent ' protesters during the Bloody Sunday riots. Pity that the powers that be weren't as thorough in eking out the kingpins of the IRA years ago. 

If you're out lobbing petrol bombs, you should expect the consequences !

I was a bit concerned what the consequences could be if the McCanns see some of these posts Mick,they have already got a lot of people in bother with the law for passing similar comments about them,don't know what it is about them but they do seem to be untouchable and I don't want to see any Nottstalgia member or anyone else for that matter to get grief because of them two,If there has been anything untoward going or gone off then let it be on their conscience

Rog

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It gets worse ! Protective lead cladding has been stolen from top of the Nottingham War Memorial on the Trent Embankment. 

So much for our brave troops laying down their lives for our freedom from tyranny.  Little do they know, that behaviour such as that would have been rewarded with a heavy jackboot at the back of the neck, or a Samurai sword through the midriff if we'd not managed to suppress dictatorship and tyranny during WW2.

• Like 2

A few weeks ago while on me walk I spotted dirty white tranny van driving slow around Ringwood Drive, he & her Romanian/Bulgarian looking jumped out & where rifling though a skip, it was number 28 it was were some Chinese students had living most of the stuff was household, on my way back round Ringwood I spotted the bloke wheeling quite a nice looking bike & chuck it in the side door of this van, I'd already taken the reg no, so I phoned the police, told them my job, what I'd spotted, there still there, get yourself round there, red handed & all that, he wanted more & more off me, description, height, all my info home address, mobile number etc, I had to say sorry I'm far to busy for all this, if you want to catch them thier still there & I hung up. Think it was 4 or 5 days later I was contacted & asked for a second description, someone had, had their bike stolen from a shed on Ringwood! 

• Like 2

In the past, I'd have said unbelievable, but not in these times. It was probably delaying tactics till he'd finished his cocoa ! 

• Like 2

A few years ago Mrs C saw a youth looking very suspicious near a neighbours house, she approached him face to face & he threatened her with a knife. her reply was not very lady like & he ran off leaving his mate ransacking the house. A few days later she got a call from plod asking her a myriad of different questions what about the knife plod asked, I threatened to take it off him & stick it up his arse she said in reply, after a pause plod said I'll pretend I never heard that comment. The youths were never caught.

• Like 3

Brand spanking new van delivered 2-30 Tuesday, today 9-00 BANG bloody idiot drives into the back end, had to jump on my man or there would have been murder.

I didn't see you had stopped he wailed what the hell is not to see about the arse end of a bloody great big Trafic Van for gods sake are you bloody blind................. Don't swear at me said he ...............Don't swear, if I let my man of the leash he will tear your arm off and stuff it where the sun don't shine. I was a little annoyed to say the least.

Slow speed bump but still £1108 for repairs

• Upvote 1

Seems like it's time for Mr Mayhem, the vigilante man to take charge ?....... Oh no, no, we can't have the low life upset, or we'll need dozens more counsellors !

• Like 2

I feel your pain NBL.

Incidentally I just downloaded the online form to surrender a driving license. There's no joy anymore in owning a nice car or van.

I have no further need just enjoy keeping my money & letting some one else do the driving instead. I certainly don't miss the hassle anymore.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, radfordred said:

A few weeks ago while on me walk I spotted dirty white tranny van driving slow around Ringwood Drive, he & her Romanian/Bulgarian looking jumped out & where rifling though a skip, it was number 28 it was were some Chinese students had living most of the stuff was household, on my way back round Ringwood I spotted the bloke wheeling quite a nice looking bike & chuck it in the side door of this van, I'd already taken the reg no, so I phoned the police, told them my job, what I'd spotted, there still there, get yourself round there, red handed & all that, he wanted more & more off me, description, height, all my info home address, mobile number etc, I had to say sorry I'm far to busy for all this, if you want to catch them thier still there & I hung up. Think it was 4 or 5 days later I was contacted & asked for a second description, someone had, had their bike stolen from a shed on Ringwood! 

Someone told me about this house only yesterday, it is owned by a young Chinese man that lives on parkside, he had the house on Ringwood converted into 6 bedrooms, these he lets to Chinese students. They stay for 2 years and then move on. The lady that told me about it was the cleaner who by the sounds of it only cleans the house every couple of years, everything is thrown away as nothing is worth saving, she said it was disgusting.

She also mentioned the Romanians taking everything out of the skip.

Just remember that these will be your next doctors and dentists.

• Upvote 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...