Things that pee you off...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

Yeh!  Been there done that, Mick.  Mrs. L has been rear ended twice in the last few years. Both times clearly not her fault.  One was a doctor.  She was waiting at an intersection.  She was waiting for a vehicle to pass.  He said "I was looking along the road and there was nothing coming so I gunned it.  I didn't realize you were still in front of me."  Duh!  The back end of our Explorer made an awful mess of his Toyota.  ;). Worst hassle was the paperwork and getting it into the shop.  Minor repair to the tow bar and the bumper.  Cop said, these things are built like a tank.

• Like 1

On the odd occasions that I watch live free to air TV, I usually record and zap through the adverts, it really pees me off when a company runs the same ad two or three times during one ad break. One company that sells flights and holidays has been doing this repeatedly during one program recently, a sure way of not getting my business.

We turn the sound off when adverts are on, their is only so-many settees that you can buy, the only avert we put the sound on for  is the little girl on the AA advert "rolling up a river"

• Like 1

The song is Proud Mary, originally by Creedence Clearwater Revival.

many thanks fly2

I don't know if anyone else in the Park Lane area of Basford had their sleep disturbed by the most horrendous racket last night between about 11pm, until almost daybreak this morning. 

I went to bed at 10.30 ish, and was playing on my iPad. The window was half open as it was quite mild despite the heavy rain, and also, I'd had a good curry for dinner. 

I could hear chattering, and a slight tune in the air, and I wrongly assumed that it was coming from one of the nearby neighbours. Then about 11.30 as the road noise and general background sounds decreased, this appalling rapping racket erupted. I settled down at 12.30, and managed some sleep until 1.30, but that was it. I dozed on and off until 4.30, then I just sat up in bed till 6.30 when it finally abated. It was the most appalling noise imaginable, and sounded so violent and confrontational that I assumed that their near neighbours would be terrified of retribution if the law was called. It was definitely far too way out even for the local chav population, so I can only assume that it was the local criminal fraternity of African descent. 

Stereotyping, of course I am, and I'm never too far off the mark. 

I normally don't mind outdoor noises if a can recognise the tunes, but 'music ' this DEFINITELY was not.

• Like 1

Could be Jill, although I didn't hear any poultry or children being sacrificed ! 

I'm pretty snobby at the best of times, but it emanated from what I presume is 'Social Housing', and I DONT BLEDDY LIKE IT !

• Upvote 1

I doubt it. Out of his vast and eclectic collection of CD's, I don't think he has anything remotely resembling that appalling cocophony !

Reminds me of a few years ago, our next door neighbours were having a party on their garden, got on well with em and didnt mind, but when it got to 3am, thought thats enough, went to have a word and parted the dividing hedge (which was about ten higher my side) managed "ey up do you knöoow"" before plunging thru it

Landing on their garden,dressed in my dressing gown,,,jumped up and started dancing, good party,,,  lol

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, FLY2 said:

I don't know if anyone else in the Park Lane area of Basford had their sleep disturbed by the most horrendous racket last night between about 11pm, until almost daybreak this morning. 

I went to bed at 10.30 ish, and was playing on my iPad. The window was half open as it was quite mild despite the heavy rain, and also, I'd had a good curry for dinner. 

I could hear chattering, and a slight tune in the air, and I wrongly assumed that it was coming from one of the nearby neighbours. Then about 11.30 as the road noise and general background sounds decreased, this appalling rapping racket erupted. I settled down at 12.30, and managed some sleep until 1.30, but that was it. I dozed on and off until 4.30, then I just sat up in bed till 6.30 when it finally abated. It was the most appalling noise imaginable, and sounded so violent and confrontational that I assumed that their near neighbours would be terrified of retribution if the law was called. It was definitely far too way out even for the local chav population, so I can only assume that it was the local criminal fraternity of African descent. 

Stereotyping, of course I am, and I'm never too far off the mark. 

I normally don't mind outdoor noises if a can recognise the tunes, but 'music ' this DEFINITELY was not.

Bubblewrap !

• Like 1
On 19/08/2017 at 0:43 PM, FLY2 said:

Since my last holiday in Dorset a few weeks ago, I've had a metallic rattle from the n/s front wheel. 

Bu66er me..... £ 179 for a new spring and shock absorber yesterday !  Pot holes and crumbling country lanes !

Down at the garage my car is now a standing joke.  Each MOT I have to ask "How many springs this time?".

• Upvote 1

Why is everyone getting letters from Nottm. Council and why haven't I had one?  What's wrong with me? I want one too!

• 3 weeks later...

Adverts on TV can be nauseating at the best of times, but some lately defy belief.

McCains chips, any car insurance advert, Available Car .com. That's three to be going on with !

Trailers for future programmes bombarding you every 15 minutes, oh, and anything with James Nesbitt in it.

• Like 1

That's a shame Gem. I reckon him to be the funniest man on tv currently. As for his face, well, it makes me laugh with his quirky expressions !

The go compare ads get on my wick.,also ads that use a song which is not the original....such as a slowed down version of ' this strange effect',which was written by Ray Davies of the Kinks for Dave Berry.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Gem said:

Warburtons bread adverts especially the latest one with Peter Kay, i don't know if its his voice or his face, maybe both.

It's a Bolton firm Gem; Peter Kay is from Bolton, so there's a fair connection.

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...