Things that pee you off...

I

14 hours ago, Compo said:

It's a Bolton firm Gem; Peter Kay is from Bolton, so there's a fair connection.

Knew Peter Kay was from Bolton but not Warburtons, they have used a varied cast in their adverts the one that comes to mind for me was the Muppets.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

Gem: Warburtons bakery is just a few hundred yards down the road from where Peter Kay was born and brought up.

Glad we've sorted that one out !

Actually, I like PK, and also Warburtons bread, especially thick Best of Both. Makes lovely toast !

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Compo said:

Gem: Warburtons bakery is just a few hundred yards down the road from where Peter Kay was born and brought up.

I only like Hovis  Wheatgerm bread but I love Wharburtons crumpets lots n lots of butter so its dripping out of bottom of crumpet.

Don't know about Wharburtons crumpets but the ones down here are awful, don't know what they are made of but two rounds in the toaster doesn't get them brown and golden despite their name, a third pass produces something akin to corrugated cardboard.

• Like 2

Good idea Margie. The ingredients for Crumpets and Naan Bread are very similar (just minor differences). When we grill our Naan, we add a fine sprinkle of water first, to stop burning or crumbling. Oz, it might be worth trying it out on the cardboard crumpets? If the Naan is thin enough, the toaster is OK, otherwise the grill does a similar job.:)

I thought it was only them there Southerners as called `em crumpets, we know that they're just mini pyclets, and now I believe Warburtons are selling what they call "giant crumpets" which are nothing more than just correct sized pyclets !!

My take on a crumpet breakfast for Mrs P  at the weekends is, dry fried strawberries and blueberries,toasted crumpets with a dollop of no fat yoghurt drizzled with local honey

IMG_0201.jpg

and my breakfast treat when I go to Boston

IMG_0178.jpg

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Plantfit - We are not that stupid down under although sometimes I reckon that with some the crap fast foods the packaging would likely taste better than the product.

Margie H - Don't know how to work the grill on this new fangled electronic oven.

Plantfit - I'll definitely give the BBQ a go, Just finished cleaning the little one ready for the big summer onslaught. Just the big 4 burner with a wok burner to do now.

Carni - I'll see what a squirt of water will do, on the BBQ first though.

Plantfit - Bugger the crumpets, the lower picture gets my vote, it is the weekend after all.

• Like 1

Always called 'crumpets' 'pikelets' when aworralad.

But have since discovered that 'Pieclets' ( correct spelling apparently) are bigger than Crumpets.. and different..

Eitherway.  Co-op Crumpets are better than Warburtons by a 'country mile'.

I've tried jam and cheese and so on on them, but the only really satisfactory way for me is......

Lots of real butter.. preferably Lurpak.. and a very, very light sprinkle of salt.

Ooooohhhh...:wacko:

We were talking about butter the other day, as you do (best butter me mam called it) , and there seemed to be a consensus that the taste of modern butter is not the same as when we were young. Is it just a nostalgia amplified memory or was it really different?

My wife and I got sick of the taste of so called butter from supermarkets, bland and nothing like the old fashioned stuff we grew up with.

Even the Lurpack didnt taste the same.

Then we found a small local dairy here in SW W Australia, and they make it how it used to be made, although expensive well worth it as it actually tastes like the "proper" thing.

Only problem is we literally ladle it on our toast or crumpets !

• Upvote 1

Can't fault it. When I put butter on my toast, the bread is smothered, can't see it !

Is it less salt? or do they process the milk/cream to within an inch of its life and take out the 'good bits'.

Good point about the process Brew,is it a case of someone else changing the process because they think it's more healthy for us without consulting us?

Rog

Up-speak         mentioned before its now almost normal.........just listened to a woman on the news.........''we were walking near the PARK?''.......when i saw this man with a SHOTGUN?...........i was really AFRAID?.......I had my child WITH ME?.........and on it went..........grrr

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...