Things that pee you off...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

Why, oh why, do people have to fit bloody great floodlights to the outside of their houses!   I live in the countryside and there is a new house just over half a mile away with a stonkin' great light that they leave on all night - absolutely no need for it.

• Like 1

Maybe a quiet word first, then a more serious word, then the gun !  There's always a time to be nice, but also a time not to be nice ! 

Mine only comes on when activated by movement in the garden, but then goes off after 30 seconds. 

• Like 3

I see that the 'singer' Rita Ora, is going to bring up her forthcoming baby as a 'non gender', meaning she won't be dressing it as a boy or a girl. Then I read that the 'comedian ' Russell Brand and his wife are doing the same. I nearly vomited with excitement !

I then read that Katie Price is looking for an American surrogate mother for some other offspring she has in mind.

The world has gone stark staring bonkers !

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Y'ain't seen nothing yet Fly.  It can only go down from here. Who would have said a few years ago that we would see men marrying each other?:angry2:.  Pretty much every morning I say to Mrs. L. Welcome to another fun filled day in the loony bin.  Only reason I bother looking at the paper is to see how much crazier it is today than yesterday.  The day could come when people with our values will be hung as dangerous bigots.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
7 hours ago, FLY2 said:

I see that the 'singer' Rita Ora, is going to bring up her forthcoming baby as a 'non gender', meaning she won't be dressing it as a boy or a girl. Then I read that the 'comedian ' Russell Brand and his wife are doing the same. I nearly vomited with excitement !

It's the latest fad, FLY. It gets attention and some people are so insecure, attention is their life blood. They can't survive without it.

Although I've vaguely heard their names, I haven't a clue who these people are and care even less.

I have always been female. Wouldn't be anything else on principle ;)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I blame the soft left liberal tree hugging hand wringing head shaking do gooders who are afraid to speak out just going with the flow. I know a young bloke of 25 who's had the gender re-assignment operation at a NHS cost of £29k, I will never refer to him as her & still insist on calling him by his given christian name.

I find the whole issue of homosexuality abhorrent & disgusting. I do dread the future & to be honest I'm glad I won't be around to see the this disgraceful behaviour spread to full acceptance by society, even on TV nowadays it's common to see men kissing etc. This is slowly brain washing the public to accept this sordid disgusting trend.

If my views offend anyone I won't make any any apologies these are my views & i am entitled to my opinion.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Even on Coronation Street, and Emmerdale, there's blokes in bed, and kissing at every opportunity. It's the producers and writers who are to blame for such filth, squalor and depravity. They're forcing their warped views down our throats via TV.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

This is part of the reason why I no longer have a tv. Its original aim to educate, inform and entertain appears to have disappeared down the plug hole. Now, its just 24 hours a day of cheap, easy, brainless noise and attention seeking, insecure people who seem to think the more outrageous their behaviour, the more famous they'll become.

Who needs that? Not me. I'd rather read a well written book. Just my opinion but the more I see of 21st century life, the more mediaeval I become! :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Even as a youngster, I couldn't grasp why Morecombe & Wise had to be portrayed in bed together. Unreal. 

Yes, minor Z listers extolling the virtues of gay marriage, and their entourage of fawning followers secretly agreeing with them. 

Also, people who treat me as a 5 year old, or a 95 year old. Worse still are people who don't listen to me !

4 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

couldn't grasp why Morecombe & Wise had to be portrayed in bed together. 

In the 60s and 70s, this was a risky image to transmit but the show's producers felt it was safe as long as Eric was smoking his pipe! This was seen as a symbol of masculinity. From what I've read about Eric Morecambe, I doubt he'd have had much time for 21st century liberality!

Another reason I didn't really take to M & W was the fact that they always wore suits. I was already at an age whereby I was becoming rebellious, and despised the notion that people were only acceptable if they wore a suit, shirt and a tie. 

Even at FFGS, it was unheard of if on a hot day, one loosened ones tie, and undid the top button. I was once put in detention for continuing to undo my cuffs, and having the audacity to roll my sleeves up !  Ridiculous ! 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, FLY2 said:

I see that the 'singer' Rita Ora, is going to bring up her forthcoming baby as a 'non gender',

Well with a bit of luck the sods won't breed and that will be the end of "non gender" and to think these clowns and the other "pride lot" are breathing the same air as me,disgusting

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Who needs that? Not me. I'd rather read a well written book. Just my opinion but the more I see of 21st century life, the more mediaeval I become! :rolleyes:

Just 'rack' 'em and mark 'em up with a branding iron, followed by a good flogging eh? Jill.  :biggrin:  Sorry Jill. I could not resist it.  I enjoy medieval plainsong, but  sometimes as I listen I wonder if it helped to cover the screams of those being reminded of their heresy in the cells below as the inquisition did its filthy work.  Somebody once asked, why does the devil have all the good music?  If the inquisition doesn't get you the Black Plague will.

Sorry to start the week on such a dark note.  It's Monday a.m. Chucking it dahn, and still almost dark as I look out.  Sometimes it reflects my mood.

I don't mean to preach at you so please don't jump on me.  If we read Matthew 24,. Luke 21. Mark 13. We see Jesus describing the days just before His return.  We see all of this in today's papers.  Paul the apostle wrote to Timothy, 2nd Timothy 3. First part of the chapter.  What he wrote there is amazing in the light of today.  I'm not pushing a religious agenda.  Just read it as history, as you would any other history book.  I think it throws some light on today's issues.   Btw.  If you read all of the above it will not take more than 15 minutes.  No more than a quick read of the paper.

Now for another quick cup of coffee and make fuss of the hounds.  That usually lightens my mood.  :)

• Upvote 2

I have no hassle with what people do in their own home but stuffing 'gay pride' down my throat really gets my goat:angry::angry:

'Gay Pride' indeed, as I have remarked before they should be on their knees worshipping the heterosexual for with out us they wouldn't be here at all.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

There's nothing they do to be proud of believe me . Flashy terminology !

• Like 1

Political correctness is at the root of so much of the nonsense.   I read a quote the other day that resonated with me.  I think it may have been Orwell, but not totally sure, anyway!  "In a world full of lies, to speak the truth is to be a radical."  

It's time all of decent society would speak up.  Right now if we point out the dangers we are condemned as homophobic, sexist, bigoted, racist.   All words designed to make us shut up, and the status remain quo.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Live and let live...........homophobia is illegal ,...........they still execute them in some countries.....do you want that ?

• Like 2

People who don't clean up after their dogs,especially on cycle/footpaths,had to get the pressure washer out this afternoon then dry the trike off then replace all the old grease and oil,cleaned the chain and re lubed that,,not saying there was dog muck on all those components just the tyre but with using the pressure washer it gets rid of most of the greases and oils,irresponsible dog owners

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The bus stop where I get the bus into town backs onto a farmers field,crops are growing there,I think it's sweet corn.At the side of the bus shelter a hole has been made ,you would be amazed at the number of people who take their dogs through the hole in the hedge so they can go and  do their muck,cos they can't be bothered to take them a walk and pick up after them...I've never seen any of them carrying a bag for the poo.

My last dog was an Akita and boy she could poo for England gold standard that is.

When grown she as with all my other dogs was fed at tea time, next morning I could guarantee to within 1/2 an hour when she would relieve herself always out back, never in public.

I have done this with all my dogs except Jack the gun dog, fed every tea time the same but I never bothered about poo and never picked any up. After all he was in a field competing with .........................milking cattle.........

I got 'wee-wee'd' off last Wednesday evening after the Roebuck meetup. As I'm no longer driving I have to catch the 21.19 tram from the O M Sq. to change  to the 21.50 bus at Bulwell bus station, an hourly service at this time of night. The tram duly arrived  showing Hucknall on the destination head light as did all the inside indicators & the lady on the tannoy repeatedly told us the tram was going to Hucknall! But on arriving at Shipstone St. the driver announced "The tram is terminated" & came out of his cab to be met with a torrent of abuse, particularly me as I would miss my bus. So a 10 minute wait in the drizzle and as  as I knew the next tram arrived at Bulwell @ 21.50, I could see my bus in the bus station but it's nearly 300 yds. around the road so no joy again!

But there are still Good Samaritans in this world and one had apparently heard me shout at the tram driver about another £5 taxi fare so he came to me and told me to "stop on the tram to Moor Bridge" where his car was parked and he would run me home. His name is Damian & he's a Trentbarton Driver on the Nottm.-Derby run, when asked, he lives up Rise Pk. completely opposite direction to where I live. All he would take was my Thanks, Yup there's still some Good'uns about.

Written & phone complaints have been made so it's still ongoing! 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Well done Albert.......we were on the same tram and i heard you having a go at the driver (not his fault)....but glad all turned out ok,........sorry for calling you a moaning Git........should have had a fag with me........lol.

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...