Things that pee you off...

Bl**dy idiot drivers that do not pull over and get out of the way of emergency vehicles that are responding to accidents or incidents. Heaven forbid that they lose a few seconds in their headlong dash to get where they are going. One day it may be them or their loved ones that need help.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

The other side of scenario is the clowns that suddenly hear a siren, or see blue flashing lights, and immediately do an emergency stop even though the ambulance or whatever isn't in their lane. I've been behind idiots like that several times.

Considering Loppys quote: "In a world full of lies, to speak the truth is to be a radical." and

Clff tons implied threat , The next post will be on a completely different subject, makes me uncomfortable.

Is it me?

• Like 4

No it isn't you Brew, but in the interests of peace and serenity, I'll shurrup!  I like it here.  Actually the quote was not original with me.  I think it may have been George Orwells, but I agree with it.  

Reading the posts again I see nothing insulting, or even close, just people giving their opinion on the topics subject. 'Things that pee you off'

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, denshaw said:

I don't consider Cliff tons post to be a threat. Things were getting too out of hand. I believe in free speech but it  was close to being insulting.

But no one was insulted.

• Like 4

I didn't see anything particularly insulting either, but with all due respect to Cliff Ton, he's the moderator and I am guessing that he may have decided that had it been allowed to continue it might have become a potential liability to the site.  Fair enough with me. :)

• Like 1

By its very nature a thread entitled, 'things that pee you off' could very easily offend some poor soul.  Some things I don't like, others could consider an insult. And vise versa.  So if I ever read this thread at all I come to it with a thick skin.

• Like 2

The members have responded to the title with their own pet gripes.

I moaned about the continued blaring of police and ambulance sirens, which REALLY grates with my ears. Unbelievably, someone got uptight about it !

• Like 2

Can't speak to that, Den, because I along with other members don't see them.  In fact I never think of it.  I tend to assume that what I am seeing is all there is.  I probably wouldn't make a good mod' I'd get me self in trouble real quick.  :rolleyes:

denshaw the things you have to delete have nothing to with this discussion and as the owner and moderator of a forum in another place I know the sort of things you mean though I'm probably more tolerant. Suffice it to say I don't like censorship.

I'll shut up now, sit in my corner, drink my tea and only think politically correct thoughts for the rest of the evening.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
42 minutes ago, catfan said:

But no one was insulted.

With respect, Catfan, just because no-one publicly said they found some of the posts offensive, that doesn't mean they were OK with them.  I believe there are several members who rarely post but still follow topics on the forum... 

• Like 1

Nice point Ann. To put it bluntly.. there were a couple of posts above which were insulting to a small proportion of the population which as far as I can see is not insulting the rest of the population in return...

I'm saying this.. then no more on this topic. :

There has always been and probably always will be a small proportion of the population which is 'gay'.  I see this as something in nature.  I certainly do not see it is a 'lifestyle choice'.  I do not believe that people choose their sexuality, any more than they choose the colour of their eyes. They are what they are and the more honest we are about this the better for all. 

Just one more point.  Who knows how many people from sexual and religious minorities we have posting here.. or at least looking in?  Does this make us think?

Col

I fully appreciate that yesterday, there was a request from Admin, to cease discussing homosexuality, and homophobia.

Well this request obviously hasn't be taken onboard by people expressing pro gay views, and dismissing anti gay views. Their thought is that this may cause distress to any gay members. 

Well, what about the possibility of any members being accosted, propositioned or worse by predatory homosexuals, especially if they were young at the time? Shouldn't their views be heard, as this may relieve them of despair, worry, and possible hatred that has been building up inside them for years. They deserve a hearing.

Sorry Admin, but I think it needed to be said.

• Like 2

Freedom of speech should not be curtailed. Whatever I say it will always offend someone and likewise I might be potentially offended by others. I’m thick skinned enough not to be remotely bothered. A day I have not offended someone is a day wasted! :)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Currently, fireworks being let off weeks prior to Bonfire Night, and the succession of petrified dogs consequently barking.

Yes, I know we now must embrace Diwali, and other alien customs, but surely fireworks can be manufactured that don't bang !

• Upvote 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...