Things that pee you off...

Mine took, and EBay, and an assortment of other crap !

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

Maybe one good thing on the horizon. If we're banned from the Eurovision Song Contest, then we needn't have inane telly programmes whereby brain dead viewers  go though the monotonous process of voting for their favourite song. Be it sung by some talentless unheard of nobodies, or a clapped out over 70 has been !

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

If you don't have any more Eurovision shows on the telly it will only leave room for the program makers to put some other worthless crap on instead

Rog

• Like 3

It'll be more 'reality' junk appealing to the under fives, the over seventy fives, and those unfortunate wretches with an IQ also of five ! 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, FLY2 said:

It'll be more 'reality' junk appealing to the under fives, the over seventy fives, and those unfortunate wretches with an IQ also of five ! 

You'll be OK in 3 or 4 years then, FLY.  I'll leave you to work out which of  the options above will apply to you x

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Then mutilation ! I'll be forever looking round every time I'm in the cafeteria, and ensuring the toilet is free before I enter ! Dirty bar stewards !

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

While madam is out, I've just rounded up all the part used bags of various useless nuts that she bought prior to Christmas. 

Now mixed nuts and raisins, fair enough. Cashew nuts and salted roasted peanuts too. I like those, but those ludicrous nuts with honey, sugar, BBQ sauce and other assorted filth coating them. No way. I've just crushed them up in a bowl, and thrown them on the lawn as a 'treat' for the birds and squirrels !

• Like 1

Same here Flea .... carried on my yearly after Christmas chocolate tea bar dump in too my new job, all unopened & untouched 2 tubs of Quality Street, 2 trays of Thornton's Classics, 2 boxes After Eights, tray of Ferrero Rochers, some truffle things, Terry Orange, tube of Rolos & Munchies & bar of some Famous Grouse chocolate, had a look before I left the office most gone. 

The washing instructions, brand name and size tags that are in the left hand side seam of casual shirts and polo tops.

They appear to be made of some stiff plastic like material and scratch the hell out of your side. Cutting them out does not work, to get rid of them completely you have unpick the side seam and re-sew it. Anyway who ever reads the washing instructions?

People who bag up their dog sh1t and then hang it on a fence or leave it by the path.

35 minutes ago, Bubblewrap said:

Happens on the tram too Mick

I don't think that is a problem, I've not seen a tram full enough!

• Like 1

I used to be called Victor Meldrew at work so I have been mostly avoiding this thread until now but here are a few things that really pee me off:

# Drivers who don't acknowledge you when you let them into the traffic flow.

# "Greens" who commute hundreds of miles to and from work each week,  telling me that I am not green because I drive a diesel car. I drive it once a week on an 18 miles round trip to get my shopping.  It does 65mpg, emits less CO2 than a petrol car and never causess congestion because it doesn't go into large urban areas.

# The same greens who tell me to recycle to be more green: I grow much of my own food, resulting in fewer road miles; recycle, upcycle and re-use everything possible; put my rubbuish bin out just once per month; never waste food - anything not edible due to rot or pests is composted; I insist that all electrical goods and lighting not actually in use is turned off at all times and use windfall wood as my fire fuel.  Oil heating is on only in the evening, even during winter and even then turned and low as reasonably possible.  My house is as fully insulated as a 150yrs old stone building can be.  I fail to see how I can do more.

# Cyclists who insist on riding two or three abreast on busy roads.

# Wind farm developers who are using strip-mined "Rare Earth" elements so fast that it is now being said that the Earth will run out of them in about 20yrs time.

# Wind farm developers who drain the hillsides and peatlands to make way for their turbines - causing water to find somewhere else to go....the flatlands, where flooding results.

# Wind farm developers who cut down "Carbon sink" forests in order to replace them with wind turbines.

# People who must have the latest mobile phone - they also use rare earth elements and as yet are rarely recycled.

# Folk whose vocabulary does not include "Please" or "Thank you".

# Litter louts.

# Fly tippers

# Politicians

# People who push for a referendum and then want a second when the first does not go their way.

# Referendums - most of us don't know enough about the things we are voting on to make an informed judgement.

# Having the highest rate of fuel tax in the known world.

# Insurance premium tax

# 20%VAT - it's far too much.

# Tax on domestic heating.  Those in colder areas pay a lot more than those in areas with a more favourable climate....The South.

# Southerners who think the north is not worth consideration.

# Those who take motorbikes/quadbikes on to beaches and make a bloody nuisance of themselves, charging up and down the beach.

# British hotels and restaurants that charge silly prices for wine and beer. eg £18 per bottle of "House wine".

# Whilst on the subject of British hotels and restaurants: The fact that they rarely give you bread with a meal unless you pay extra for it.

# People who drive their children to school even though it is only a few hundred yards from home.

# People who drive their children to school when there is a school bus provided.

# People who double park whilst dropping their children off at school.

# 20mph speed limits.

# Lunatics who drive at 70mph in fog, rain, sleet and snow.

# Watery bacon

# Plastic blister packs that are near impossible to break in to.

# Those men (Seem to be mostly Middle Eastern and Eastern European) who put their women and children on the streets of our bigger cities to beg for them, whilst they drive around collecting the money.

I think I'd better stop now!

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...