Things that pee you off...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Well that just about sums it all up. Nicola Sturgeon is not mentioned by name but I suppose “politicians” covers that!

She is covered in two #'s Phil: Politicians and second referendums.

5 minutes ago, radfordred said:

\snip\ them word games that's killing this site :crazy:

When the word games first began I posted a few times but soon became bored with them.  However, I do agree that they are really not suited to this site; they offer no Nottstalgia or any other nostalgic input which, after all, is the point of this site.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, catfan said:

Hey Compo, be careful youth, some on here will have yer guts or garters making comments like that !

Good job I'm tough then, intit? :crazy:

isitsafe

• Like 2

I dont read the word games or the music threads but I really can't get my knickers in a twist about them. What is it that so upsets people? It's harmless and easily ignored if you don't like them. As for relevance, well as someone pointed out awhile ago, there would be little to read if the forum contained only local history. What happened to live and let live?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I am not a fan of "keep one - drop one" or whatever it is called so I just ignore it. 

However, for me the song association thread is full of nostalgia, as a long forgotten song comes up, you play it on YouTube and it takes you back to a time and place from your past and often reminds you of friends and events.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, catfan said:

Is the only time they are busy then ?

As you "refuse" to use the tram how would you know?

I use the tram almost every day & to me it is always well used.

And are the buses always full?

6 minutes ago, Bubblewrap said:

And are the buses always full

Maybe not, but they are more versatile, and if a bus has a "moment" it doesn't seem to bring half of Nottingham to a grinding halt!!!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Waddo said:

Maybe not, but they are more versatile, and if a bus has a "moment" it doesn't seem to bring half of Nottingham to a grinding halt!!!

But trans carry at least three times the passengers that a bus does & in normal circumstances faster 

And a bus usually diesel pollutes the cities air 

I am biased though:

Firstly I don't drive(my wife does) so if I go anywhere alone I use public transport.

Secondly David Lane tram stop is only five minuets walk away & the tram is the fastest way to the city for me.

I wish Basford Vernon railway station was still open I would then use the train more depending on where I was going.

25 minutes ago, Bubblewrap said:

And a bus usually diesel pollutes the cities air

But the power stations that provide the Lecky for the tram's don't, do they!

And when the tram brings the traffic to a standstill, what about the pollution it causes then?

• Like 4

Oz, I entirely agree about the Song Association topic. I love seeing what others come up with, and it astounds me what brilliant memories folk have. I very very rarely have to Google anything, and most of my offerings come from my remaining functional grey matter. The memories these songs conjure up are priceless. Some good, sad, funny, brilliant, heartbreaking, disappointing. Every emotion imaginable. Thank God for Utube that I can relive some of those times. Long may it last.

• Like 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...