Things that pee you off...

One thing that tends to pee me off is the fact that children can run around pub's causing havoc, but we would get told off if we went drinking beer and smoking in a children's playground!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Waddo said:

One thing that tends to pee me off is the fact that children can run around pub's causing havoc, but we would get told off if we went drinking beer and smoking in a children's playground!

Good point there Waddo.

The problem with men hanging around in children's playgrounds, whether or not they have a beer and a fag, is that it is assumed by an ever increasingly suspicious public that they are there for nefarious reasons.

Better for you?

My use of the quote button was purely to direct any readers to the post I was referring to.

• Upvote 1

Girls with multi wheeled buggies for one kid. Just use a proper pushchair,. You don't need something with eight wheels, various hoods, covers, cage attachments for your weeks shopping etc. Tesco's is full of the ruddy things !

21 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

If I got paid for all the unnecessary quotes I've removed over the last few years, I'd be very rich.

The problem with the current format of the site is that one does not have the option to refer to a post number, so if you want it to be clear that you are referring to a particular post you have no option other than to "Quote".  I always "Snip" qoutes to leave only the relevant part of the quote so that it is plain to see to what I am referring in my post.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, radfordred said:

My mates Son has just paid £1600 yes one thousand six hundred pounds for a pushchair & apparently that's quite cheap? Think someone gave me ours 30 years ago tomorrow Happy Birthday Gem x 

What the hell is this pushchair a VW Golf :P:P:P

Press the quote thingy.........then just delete from the parts you don't want..................ooer hark at me Mr Computer stupid...............lol

• Like 2
1 hour ago, LizzieM said:

how to ‘snip quotes’

Lizzie, I put the mouse pointer on the word or phrase I want to quote,left click the mouse and drag it along the selected word/phrase, when you let the "left click" go a little box will appear above selected word/phrase saying "quote this" just click on that and it will bring up the reply box with your selction in it,take it from there,good luck

Rog

I quote the whole thing, but when it's in the reply box, I just delete the bits I don't want by backspacing over them

I've noticed quite recently many times not on here of course but other places the use of "Mom" instead of "Mum, Mam" etc.

those Americans are taking over, we'll be flying the stars & stripes soon.

MUM is the only correct term I reckon . Mom is too sweet and sugary, and mam is snotty nosed and raggy arsed.

Oh dear FLY, get ready for the backlash!  

Must admit I always called my mother Mum, never Mam.   In fact til I was mid-teens she was Mummy, you can take the mick if you like, it won’t bother me!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Mine was always mum as far as I can remember. NEVER mam ! Backlash.......yeah well !

• Like 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...