Things that pee you off...

Just so you don't think that I consider France to be perfect, one of the big things that pee me off here is the state of the beaches - all the way from Cannes to Monte Carlo - and probably beyond there are notices up warning people not to walk barefoot because of cast-off syringes, sanitary towels and condoms plus loads of other unmentionable detritus left by the unspeakable unwashed the night before.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

When holidaying in Nice many years ago, I was astounded at the amount of broken glass there was strewn all over the beach. Luckily, a lot of it was worn smooth by the constant movement of the tide, but it wasn't always as such. 

Some nasty injuries could have been incurred such as the one I got in the late 50's in Cornwall. I cut the underneath of my foot between my toes and heel on the base of a broken bottle. It spoiled my holiday I can tell you !

Idiots who dial 999 for stupid reasons, lately the one reported when the woman asked if it was safe to put an opened box of eggs in the fridge. While the operators are dealing with half wits like her they could be missing a vital call. If it is possible to identify them fine them heavily as a warning to others. The system is under enough strain without having to deal with silly bu66ers.

If A&E was used correctly i.e. for emergencies it would ease an awful lot of pressure on the NHS. It is however abused terribly.

There was one guy in the club a couple of weeks back moaning like hell because he had had to wait 5 hours to get a ........ splinter removed. Looked at me gone out when I said he should have been charged for the service.... 

• Like 1

Things that pee me off: Unsolicited phone calls that are totally irrelevant to anything you could possibly need. A current one here is for flood insurance. Because of the current flooding in Northern France, insurance companies are trading on people's fear and trying to sell their dubious products all over the country. Not only do I live in the South of France, nowhere near the flooded areas, I live part way up a mountainside - there's zero chance of suffering any effects from floods and even if there was, all the towns and cities on and near the coast would be long gone under water.

I understand there is the TPS in the UK but that is pretty toothless and cannot stop calls that originate overseas so, as many call centres are located in the Indian subcontinent, it's a waste of time.

(Hearing French spoken with a Peter Sellers "goodness gracious me" type of accent is hilarious)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The seemingly endless flow of glistening shining menu's from Chinese / Indian takeaways, Pizza parlours, kebab houses, chippies etc, that constantly fall through my letter box. I mostly use the nearest chippy, my regular Chinese, and as my local Indian shut down, I don't bother.

I have had quite a few dogs in my time and I think we are finely educating  dog owners to put the mess in little green bags and take it home,

I'm sure this is working, but there will always be a few who don't care. I'm glad to say that you do not see any packs of dogs running lose any more.

When my sister-in-law came over from Germany she thought British people were great,  but she said that she would not like to live in Britain,  as it is a dirty place. I must admit I do agree, to a certain point just drive around and see all the litter, it's like dog s---- in a park.

3 hours ago, FLY2 said:

The seemingly endless flow of glistening shining menu's from Chinese / Indian takeaways, Pizza parlours, kebab houses, chippies etc, that constantly fall through my letter box. I mostly use the nearest chippy, my regular Chinese, and as my local Indian shut down, I don't bother.

Send the menus back in an envelope with no stamp.

I made a big "Things to do" list yesterday. Top of the list was "Do memory exercises so as not to lose my memory". Trouble is - I can't remember where I put the bally thing!  Now i'm really Pee'd off!

Had an appointment letter arrive yesterday for QMC in April time of appointment 16.10. Letter arrived today cancelling that appointment & new appointment on the same day but at 16.40 instead. Can't see any point in that because you never see the consultant on time anyway.

Wire coat hangers. Top heavy ornaments, vases and plant pots. Disasters waiting to happen.

A friend of mine is really peed off today. His Mam died just after Christmas and he has now been told he needs to pay £85 to the council for a permit to add her name to the family gravestone.

Scratchy labels in clothing.  Especially the ones at the back of sweaters, but also ones around the waist area.  Why Oh why do they feel the need to use labels made from sandpaper, stitched in with nylon thread suitable for Shark Fishing?

Don't they know I'm a delicate soul.. with sensitive skin?

Col

• Like 1

Clothes manufacturers are changing to printed labels on garments, saves them a bundle over a year, I have a lot of tee shirts and sweaters with printed labels.

• Like 1

The dreadful US import of "Happy (insert event of your choice) Day". Just seen one for Happy Pancake Day. I am not in the least bit religious but Pancake day signifies the start of one of the most solemn parts of the Christian calendar and to wish a "Happy" greeting for this seems most inappropriate.

• Like 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...