Things that pee you off...

23 hours ago, Ayupmeducks said:

Clothes manufacturers are changing to printed labels on garments, saves them a bundle over a year, I have a lot of tee shirts and sweaters with printed labels.

Yep, true. I have lots of T shirts, sweatshirts and very stylish underpants with such labelling.  It's the future!!

Sadly, they don''t seem to have cracked it for coarser knits, so my nice new grey cotton sweater from M&S still has one.  It'll have to go...  I usually borrow Mrs Col's  'Stitch Unpicker' for the job.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

Mike.. Don't turn your back on Sue while she has that in her hand....  ;)

Stupid, ignorant, selfish, thick, ungentlemenly, bossy, self centred drivers who clog up Keep Clear sections of roads at junctions, and the yellow grid markings too. Prime locations are Basford Crossing and the Stockhill / Nuttall Rd junctions. Utter stupidity, and where are the cameras when you need them ? The antics at Basford Crossing are dangerous, and beyond a joke  ! Tossers !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"But mark this.  There will be terrible times in the last days.

people will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God."

Sort of sums it up doesn't it? That is not just my opinion.  It's a quote from almost two thousand years ago, but I think we are about there.   Products of over indulgent parents, perhaps?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm afraid some already qualify loppy

• Like 1

Waited for the bus the other day (Rainbow one) from Jacksdale to Nottingham it was freezing cold, It's no joke when they don't turn up as they only run ever hour, also their are non of the bus signs that light up at the bus stop where I stood, so you can not find out where the bus is, or why it did not turn up.

Are we not in 2018 why if men have landed on the moon can't Rainbow One get a bus from Jacksdale to Nottingham.

• Like 1

The sense of entitlement many youngsters have these days. Get out and earn the bloody things you want and pay for them yourselves.

Parents.

Parking where they want at school run time because "they are too busy to walk the kids to school" or whatever this weeks excuse if for being badly organised.
Letting the kids run around shops, restaurants, coffee shops etc. Somehow it's the shops fault when the kid gets hurt.
Sitting in a restaurant with 4 yummy mummies on their phones and the kids on their phones/tablets. Often this is related to the above point about letting them run around because they don't want to do any actual parenting.
Using parent and child spaces but leaving the kids in the car.

Generally the selfishness of modern parents.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I may have mentioned it previously, but I can't stand anything on tv with those irritating animated meerkats ! 

• 2 weeks later...

People who live here and don't know the difference between.............Great Britain, the UK, British isles,Northern Ireland and the Republic,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A lot of folks just lump everything in to the genera title of 'England'. As Flanders and Swan used to sing.

The English, The English

The English are best

I wouldn't give you tuppence

for all of the rest.  :biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...

I see that the Madeleine McCann Circus has been granted EVEN more funds in order to carry on this ridiculous farce. 

We ALL know the answer, but we're just waiting for the two creepy 'actors' to tell us.

Will it ever grind to a halt ?

• Like 2

What seems to be ignored (conveniently) in this McCann saga is the FACT that the parents and their friends left the children alone and unsupervised while they went out on a "jolly". Weren't/aren't there laws covering this? Don't they accept any responsibility? From the little that gets on the news media down here (but I know how big it is in the UK), there seems to be plenty of self-pity but no acceptance of responsibility.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2
52 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

I see that the Madeleine McCann Circus has been granted EVEN more funds in order to carry on this ridiculous farce. 

We ALL know the answer,

Not me, pray tell FLY !

Yet another free holiday for them paid for by the tax payer, how many free holidays have they had now is it ten or eleven?

Rog

• Like 1

Much on the local news recently about litter on the A52, Brian Clough Way between Nottingham and Derby. 

Well I frequently drive from Bramcote Island to Bardills Island, and CONSTANTLY remark in the rubble and detritus along the way. 

Damn me, I drove that way this morning, and there was at least two double mattresses, a chipboard set of drawers and a broken up cupboard. Unbelievable ! More cost for Broxtowe Council to clear up some inconsiderate chavs filth.

Travelled to Lincoln yesterday, and surely one of the worst stretches of road must be the bit from the A617  to Winthorpe Island.

It JUST surpasses the A34 from Oxford to the M4. Grrrrrrr !

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...